WTS Throws Hail Mary Pass with Major Paradigm Shift

by Socrateswannabe 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I believe Wt money would be far better spent trying to retain it's youth. I look at these other churches and see the money and programs that they pour into their youth. Helping them to avoid the problems of this modern world. Unfortunately Wt chooses the cheaper option of DF the young person when the problem gets out of hand.
  • prologos
    prologos

Socrateswannabe, what you are saying is certainly true of the new crop of Circuit Overseers , cooky-cutter types, highly trained in their specialty, not renaissance men. Outside the box thinking does not have to come from outside of establishments though.

case in point: the US Moon shots. Von Braun wanted to build solid permanent stations,* stepping stones to Mars, but a staff engineer had a cheaper plan:-- leave big, leave little behind, come back on a parachute, each. * like big branches

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They should take a leaf out of the Mormons play book for keeping their youth.

They encourage and help them pursue higher education (in Mormon approved universities). That keeps them educated and useful moving forward. Also, it helps them feel proud of their religion.

Now, I'm not promoting Mormonism, just noting their methods....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit