Worshipping the Governing Body

by Sour Grapes 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

It is very obvious that Jehovah's Witlesses worship the faithful and discreet slave. During last Sunday's Washtowel study, everyone bowed before them for the excellent job they did in translating the new bible into so many languages and for the direction they give to the congregation.(I guess I sorta thought that Jesus was in charge of the congregations.) So much praise for so little mention in the Bible. During the concluding prayer the brother mentioned them three times and all Jesus got was "in Jesus name amen." It is embarrassing.

Sour Grapes

• sparky1
    sparky1

"But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD. And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them." - 1 Samuel 8:6-7 KJV

SOUND FAMILIAR?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

😀. My JW friend said that he had some theocratic work he had to do.

To a non JW that sounds very pompous.

Told him I had to look the word up. The definition? Priceless!

On a cell phone so I can't copy paste. Typing is tedious

Google "theocratic definition" the 2nd option made me laugh even harder.

• bradford
    bradford
    I only went to a couple months of meetings after I learned TTATT but I remember cringing all the time. The praise and admiration for the FDS/GB was sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit