Going to listen in on the meeting today...just for fun

by Freeandclear 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear
    So real quick. I'm df'd, also awake to TTOTT, no desire to go back but of course I still have unresolved issues. So I think I'm going to listen in today just to see how things are at my old hall..... should be sickening....er I mean "encouraging"
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I would rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3WrCG2xwpA

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear
    They changed the call in number and pin on me those bastards....lol I have to call the PO to get the new one. Oh well.....I guess my "spirituality" isn't worth passing along a simple number to through text without going through the proper channels.... what a bunch of dog shit. Must be Jehovah telling me something.
  • Landy
    Landy
    Consider it a lucky escape ahd the chance to spend an hour doing something useful!
  • User99
    User99
    If the "truth" was really an urgent message, why would the dial-in number + PIN be secret?? And continue changing on a rotating basis? Aren't the meetings public?
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

They change the number because they don't want people just staying home and phoning it in. In my old hall,I swear you would have to be coughing up a lung to get the number. Some did mention,they didn't want apostates getting the number.

The main reason,is there are few spots on the line. They don't want someone,who just doesn't feel like going to the meeting,to take up the spot of an elderly person,who really can't go to the meetings.

In the eastern states,a lot of congregations cancelled due to weather.

• stillin
    stillin

Fun?!

Then there was the Watchtower study. Which was an entire New Years Celebration in itself! "our NWT is the best because we say it is. Sure, we took liberties with the translating so as to keep the original meaning correct. But we can do that because we are the only ones who are correct about all of that."

Freeandclear, you didn't miss a thing.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It's the Hitler mentality..."you must be punished." If you can't make it to the meetings, tough sh*t! Can you feel the love?
  • Freeandclear
    Freeandclear
    Okay so I got the new pin (same old number) and am going to listen in here for a bit, well as long as I can stomach it at least.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Just thinking about the meetings, anxiety attacks. For me just to listen I would need to take my meds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit