Are G.B. Members Too Scared to Visit the U.K. ?

by The Searcher 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Slimboy, the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse, on their Site in the November update , in section 10, says they are going to look into Abuse in "other faith communities", which sounds as though JW's are not excluded. Hopefully.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

I've received a letter from them confirming that they will be looking at all (bolded and underlined) religions before they're done. The survivors who wish to contact them and put their stories on record won't be ignored.

There's been nothing on any of the Charity Commission investigations since last year's (failed) attempt by the WBTS to prevent the Moston and WBTS ones going ahead. Currently still listed as live investigations.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    I wonder what the charity commissions view is of Watchtowers safeguarding policy framework. Surely they must see it falls far short of what is acceptable for a charity working with vulnerable people!
  • steve2
    steve2

I don't know whether the GB will avoid visits to the UK whilst these commissions of inquiry are progressing.

But I can hazard a confident guess and state the Mr Jackson will probably think long no hard before setting foot again in Australia this side of the Australisn Royal Commission being wrapped up.

BTW, has Mr Jackson's father's health worsened since his "famous" son visited last July/August? I got impression the father's heslth was seriously ailing. But that could've been a ploy to avoid the RC

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    STEVE2 - G.J.'s father died pretty soon after, I heard.
  • steve2
    steve2
    Oh, thanks for the update Searcher. I did not know . I am certain that his death would have occasioned a lot of comforting among his family and friends .
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

These visitors, or helpers, clearly had the bad new to pass on about the serious downgrading of the Britain branch

Possibly expecting much resentment/questioning GB sent no 2s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit