Breaking news cnn

by chachasmum 8 Replies latest social current

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

US soldiers captured by the Irakies some were killed. They are saying 10 have been taken into captivity.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

So sad...It amazes me that these young men are willing to risk their lives...so heroic!

Why don't these protesters see that and appreciate it?

• Gopher
    Gopher

:Why don't these protesters see that and appreciate it?

It's all about politics. The protesters do not like the politics of the American commander-in-chief. Now if the same action had been taken prior to January 2001 and the commander-in-chief was the leader of the "Democratic" party, then we would NOT be seeing the same amount of protest in America. I can almost guarantee it.

• animal
    animal

Here gopher, have a piece of raisin pie.... you hit it on the head.

Animal (neither Repub or Demo)

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I pray that the Iraqi army does not torture them, but from what I have read about Saddam.................

It's all about politics. The protesters do not like the politics of the American commander-in-chief. Now if the same action had been taken prior to January 2001 and the commander-in-chief was the leader of the "Democratic" party, then we would NOT be seeing the same amount of protest in America. I can almost guarantee it.

Hey, I am a Democrat(maybe more indipendent) and I am for this war. I don't care who is in charge when it comes to freedom of the people.

I don't care much for Bush personaly but at the moment I say..........Bush, Give em Hell!

• foreword
    foreword

You pray that they don't torture them....you've got to be kiddin right?

Oh, I'm sorry I forgot.....

You have a right to do it to them but not them to you......

National security my a&&, it's all about capitalism and money......

80 billions to restructure Iraq to you own liking,

now that would feed the hungry here and solve many problems.....

you believe the lies? I thought you were freed from mind control.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think the party of the president has any bearing in the oposition. It may for a few people in the USA but most of the people who have protested around the world are less likely to be so bothered about the political party affiliation of the preseident ... it is the course of action they protested against.

I remember seeing lot's of "Stop the war" signs ... no "down with republicans".

You have to place this against the backdrop of the protest ... the protestors didn't want the conflict which put the people in this situation.

And how does protesting against the war prevent people seeing and recognising sacrifice and heroism? Can only pro-war people recognise this somehow?

• teejay
    teejay

It amazes me that these young men are willing to risk their lives...so heroic!

Is it true that only those backing Bush (the man) himself are able to see and appreciate and acknowledge the sacrifice of our servicemen and women? Or can those opposing Bush and his War do so, also?

When I studied American History in college, it was made clear that during the Civil War between the North and the South, Southern generals repeatedly outclassed, outsmarted, and outmaneuvered their Northern counterparts. Why? Because they were better educated, more skilled and ... frankly, just plain better.

Furthermore, there is no mistake in knowing that the soldiers under their command fought with uncommon valor and courage.

Being of African descent, I can assure you that I would not have supported their political position back then and I'm happy as hell the South lost. Still, that doesn't keep me from acknowledging the superiority of the Southern effort -- from the Commanders on down.

In the same way, I will forever honor the valor and integrity of our service people. I get lumps in my throat when I think of the heart they put into what they do. In many ways they represent all that is good about our culture and people.

That does NOT, however, mean that I have no choice but give my unswerving support to the man that has put them in harm's way needlessly, IMO, and for his own ulterior motives.

• reporter
    reporter

Once again Simon, you're spot on. It's not like the Dems and the GOP have the title to clean hands here -- Clinton was just as inept, probably even worse...

Iraq has returned terrible atrocities today. Although I do not agree with the war, I hope and pray for the safe return of as many troops as possible. Whoever thought that this mission would be a cakewalk, though, was fooling themselves, and underestimating the tenacity of those who believe in their own personal Jihad against Americans. Pickup trucks fitted with guns running amok with groups of INDIVIDUALS sniping coalition forces should give you the picture. Although many here disagree with me, I consider Rachel Corrie a heroine, too, albeit from a different perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit