"Shock and Awe" and the hebrew word Shekina.

by Trauma_Hound 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Has anyone notice the similarity of this "Shock and Awe" campaign and the Hebrew word Shekina, do you think it's a coincidence, since Bush a devout born again Christian?

"Shekinah means "presence of God" and relates to the feminine aspect of the Holy Trinity. It is the energy that sanctifies from within the dimension of matter or the Holy Spirit. Shekinah is the visible manifestation of the divine presence. One place within the Old Testament it appeared as the cloud that followed the children of Isreal in the desert."
    Songs of Light
    An Explanation

Kythera Ann

Shekinah is spelled several ways but has the same meaning. Just makes research that more interesting. Hebrew is a beautiful language, which I do not speak, with so much spiritual meaning to each of the 22 glyphs. I found the following information in a book, went to the trouble to write it down, but neglected to remember the source. I will find it again one day. However, the following is very interesting:

Shekinah
    Shechinah
    Shekhinah

Hebrew: "Divine Presence." Literally: "dwelling."

1. The term used to symbolize God's spirit and omnipresence, and another way of referrig to God without using His Name (Adonai).
    2. The actual dazzling, radiant, shining Presence of the Lord Himself.

The Shekinah was said to have appearred to Moses in the burning bush. The Shekinah also descended in the pillar of smoke that guided the Israelites through the desert. The Shekinah rested on Mount Sainai when the Ten Commandments were given to the children of Israel.

The Talmud teaches that the Shekinah is everywhere. Observing Jews say the Shekinah descends each Friday at sunset to transform each Jewish home during the Sabbath.

Shekinah in Hebrew

Shekinah
    The Wisdom of Solomon

Shekinah is the Supreme Spirit
    devoted to the good of all people . . .

She shines bright in the bloom of ignorance;
    She is unfading;
    She is easily seen by those who love Her;
    easily found by those who look for Her,
    And quickly does She come to those who seek Her help.

One who rises early, intent on finding Her, will not grow weary of the quest --
    For one day he will find Her seated in his own heart.

To set all one's thoughts on Her is true wisdom,
    And to be ever aware of Her is the sure way to perfect peace.
    For Shekinah Herself goes about in search of those who are worthy of Her.

With every step She comes to guide them;
    in every thought She comes to meet them . . .

The true beginning of spiritual life is the desire to know Shekinah.
    A desire to know Her brings one to love Her.
    Loving Her enables one to follow her will.
    Following Her will is the sure path of immortality.
    And immortalityis oneness with God.

So the desire to know Shekinah leads to God
    and His Kingdom - - a never-fading Kingdom.
    With all your thrones and scepters you may rule the world for a while,
    But take hold of Shekinah and you will rule the world forever.

The Wisdom of Solomon (50 BCE)
    was written by an unknown Jewish sage living in Alexandria.
    By custom, however, it is ascribed to King Solomon (10th century BCE).

• rem
    rem

Yeah, I'm sure Bush came up with "Shock and Awe" all by his lonesome. It was probably dreamt up by some guys back at the Pentagon. I doubt Bush had anything to do with it.

rem

• Simon
    Simon

I think that would go way over most people's heads.

I doubt Bush would come up with something like that. I don't suppose he speaks hebrew.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Well him and the Skull and Bones society, certainly.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

What is this Skull and Bones Society?

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a secret society, like the freemasons, only much more conservative. It got it's mandate from a society in england. Centered in yale university, aside from jewish ones, it is the most powerful in america. A guy called sutton wrote a book about it, and there is even a video called 'the skulls', which may give some idea as to it's character.

SS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

TH, do you listen to Whitley Streiber? He's got a discussion on this topic on his website and tonight's (Sat, 3/22) radio show will have the guy who is promoting this idea.

Skull & Bones is a well-known "secret society" at Yale University whose members include many of the power elite in the US. Members are invited to join while in college, and membership opens doors for most of them.

A recently published book on the subject is "Secrets of the Tomb: Skull and Bones,the Ivy League, and the Hidden Paths of Power" by Alexandra Robbins.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Nathan, I've read some of Whitley Streibers stuff, but have never heard him on the Radio, I actually was thinking this, when I heard Shock and Awe on TV, just sounded very familiar, talked to my brother, who has studied Hebrew, and it confirmed what I was thinking, then I read Whitley Streiber stuff. Is he on NPR?

- Charlie

• blondie
    blondie

Whitley Streiber site:

http://www.unknowncountry.com/mindframe/opinion/

A battle between the ancient forces of light (TARA) and darkness (TERROR) rages on our planet. Emerging with it is the ancient idea of Shock ‘n Awe, called Shakina--Glory--by the Jewish Mystics. Shock ‘n Awe was known as the Divine Presence of God, a force of immense power that emanated from the Ark of the Covenant. Has it returned?

On March 19, 2003 the U.S. military began the war to oust Saddam Hussein with “decapitation” strikes by precision missiles and bombs on targets in Baghdad believed to hold the Iraqi dictator, his sons or other top leaders. The first missiles came from aircraft carriers blaring the Queen song “We Will Rock You.” ......

• teejay
    teejay

Fascinating reading. And here I was thinking that Gulf War II was simply to make the world safer for Israel.

Henry's essay there on Strieber's site explains (as well as does anything else) the reason behind current happenings in Arabia. It's bad enough when one world leader is deluded with a god complex. It's even worse when there are two such mad men ... and infinitely worse when they at odds with one another.

In Humanities class we learned of the influence on "modern" religions of the ancient Persian concepts of Zoroastrianism -- the dualities of good and evil, light and darkness -- and the eventual conquest of light and good over evil and darkness. Makes sense that both sadaam and bush may very well see themselves as central figures in this ancient drama. As my friend Dr. Spock would say with a cock of the brow .... "Fascinating."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit