DA'd and DF'd???

by reallylost 7 Replies latest social relationships

• reallylost
    reallylost

What is 'DA'? I see that on these boards, and I'm a bit confused...

And when a person is Disfellowshipped, can he rejoin? or somehow get back in the good 'graces' of the organization/church? And how?

...thanks for the info :)

• neyank
    neyank

Hi reallylost,

' DA' is when a person voluntarilly Disasociates themselves from the WTS whether it be by letter or verbally.

'DF' is when a person gets booted out of the WTS for breaking one of their rules.

A disfellowshipped person can get back into the WTS by going to all the meetings and groveling to the elders showing how repentant they are for breaking the rules.

Usually the DFed person will not be spoken to or acknowledged as a living human being by JWs for anywhere from 6months to 1 yr.

neyank

• neyank
    neyank

BTW.

What is the reason you ask?

neyank

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Hey man! Welcome to the board! I will be in chat for a bit if you want to meet me there. Look at the top part of the screen and you will see all sorts of options... active topics... member directory and the such. I was in the same position as you but reversed. Stop in and I will try my hardest to answer anything you ask.

Kansas District Overbeer

• ISP
    ISP

DA.......can also be a status the WTS imposes on some they deem to have adopted an unapproved lifestyle/stance. So its not necessarily the persons choice to be DA'd.

ISP

• neyank
    neyank

Thanks ISP.

I stand corrected.

There are so many diferent ways they can claim that a JW disasociated themselves.

When in reality, the elders are the ones that that make that distinction in many cases.

neyank

• ISP
    ISP

Yep I agree Neyank.....the dynamics of the local elders will determine to what extent you are left alone or they go after you to attempt to DF or DA.

ISP

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

A good disassociation wins hands down over a disfellowshipping anyday. The DA'd one at least had the presence of mind to make a well formed conscious decision to get while the getting was good, and by doing so indicated to the 'older men' that they could take their whatever that turns them on and place it where the sun does not often shine.

Okay, I must admit, I am biased - I DA'd.

Hey, just call me holey_cheeses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit