For those who live in the Inland Empire...

by r51785 1 Replies latest jw friends

• r51785
    r51785

There was an article in today's edition of the Riverside Press Enterprise about Dave Meyers. Meyers was a professional basketball player who gave up his career at the age of 27 when he converted to the Jehovah's Witnesses. He has gone on to become an elementary school teacher in Lake Elsinore. The article spoke approvingly about his choices in life and gave a fine witness for the dubs. It also said that Meyers will be speaking this Monday at 6:00 PM at the Corona Public Library (corner of Sixth and Main). His "talk" will be about success, education and sports -- three things prohibited by the Watchtower. I intend to attend this little event to see if Meyers starts promoting the Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm sure after his "talk" there will be a question and answer session. If Meyers refrains from cult recruitment than I will refrain from asking any questions. But if Meyers' does try to give his witness than someone needs to be there to point out the truth about the "truth."

Anyone want to join me?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I would like to go but can I take my baby because he is stuck to me like a piece of chewing gum since he's only 2 months old. Email me to discuss. I'll give you my number.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit