JW Chaplains

by RR 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

Hello apostates and apostatees:

I thought you might find these interesting.

Just to make a long story short, the local elders in my community are part of the County Police Chaplain association.

Here is a direct link to the International Conference of Police Chaplains, this is the association that apparently all chaplains are a part of, at least that is what they claim.

When I served in the US Marine Corp, we had a chaplain, he evidently represented all the Christian religions, of course if you were Jewish or anything else, you were up the creek. It seems to be different in the civilian world, there are chaplains within the Police and Fire departments. Apparently unlike the military, because of the diversity of people in the police and fire departments, [various Christians, Jewish and "heathen" beliefs], there are various chaplains to oversee those individuals within their own faith.

I came across this document from the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office, making available a list of those churches part of the SOmerset County Police Chaplain association.

Among those denominations listed are Catholic, Presbyterian, Jewish, Methodist, Reformed, Baptist, Sikh, Hindu, Lutheran and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Why would the Jehovah's Witnesses join this association, if their members are not allowed to be a part of the Police force?

I don't have an answer! But I wonder if other counties around the USA also have the Jehovah's Witnesses listed on their County Police Chaplain Association.

.http://www.food4jws.org/images/chaplain1.gif

.http://www.food4jws.org/images/chaplain2.gif

.http://www.food4jws.org/images/chaplain3.gif

• nowisee
    nowisee

i believe the answer may lie in the fact that jws are always recruiting new converts. so there may be some already serving on a police force/military who are in the process of conversion. they probably would want to make religious counsel available to those potential new members.

• starScream
    starScream

JWs can also be fire fighters

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Crazy for sure! Now I think I've heard everything.

dude you have a bad link, I think if you remove the . from the beginning it will go through.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

JWs can also be fire fighters

Jws are fire-fighters - forever dealing with doctrine flare ups, and putting out new light gone wrong.

• RR
    RR

Sorry about the Links, since Simon removed the editing button or even the "view before postings" I couldn't make any corrections.

Somerset County Police Letter

Listing of Churches, Page One

Listing of Churches, Page Two

• blondie
    blondie

RR, I read just recently where a non-JW Chaplain in a prison was being educated about JW beliefs to assist those. I would think just because JWs are listed it doesn't mean a JW is providing the religious support. I have worked in conjunction with the prison system and they have manuals detailing the beliefs of JWs for the use of such chaplains. JW elders come in and conduct meetings for prisoners who want to come and conduct individual bible studies, but they are not employees of the prison system but volunteers.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit