Faith in the Flood,-- a Dud.

by prologos 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

Warren Wilson
    30 minutes ago
    My chump of a foster brother (in his mid fifties) still believes firmly that the rainbow is only in the sky because god put it there.
    How do you expect a rainbow to appear earlier, with the sun shining through a 8 km thick water canopy? with the refraction index of water 1.333 ?
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Here's something from an earlier thread of mine.

In conversation, a friend was telling me how he knows he's supposed to preach to his workmates, but he's not comfortable doing it. Rather than twisting his arm to preach, I gave him the perfect reason not to preach. I explained, "Well, I learned that you have to be really careful, because you have to work with them every day. And you don't want to be in front of a group of coworkers when one of them asks the 'kangaroo question.'"

Which, of course, led him to ask, "Kangaroo question? What's that?"

Me, playing coy, "Oh, I think I shouldn't have mentioned that." Of course, that statement just made him even more curious. So then I explained how it was not uncommon for JWs to get asked questions about the flood that we couldn't answer. 'Kangaroo question' was how kangaroos got from Australia to Noah's ark, then from Turkey back to Australia after the flood. Then he was really confounded trying to solve this riddle. I had to tell him that there was no solution to that, nor to a lot of other questions that I hope he never gets asked. Since I was the ex-bethelite, he wanted to know what to do with such a question. I explained, "Since there is nothing helpful published, if you get asked a question like that at the door, you have to say that you'll go and research the question... but you never go back to their door. If you get asked by a workmate where you can't run away, you have to say that Noah's flood is a parable and not literal."

Here's another thread about a terrible 1969 flood article failure:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/183719/from-noahs-ark-australia-awake-jan-8-1969-pp-5-8

• prologos
    prologos

great points in that link. thank you

The flood/ ark story is actually compatible with evolution. The surviving species always moves and prospers in the environmental niche opening up that is favourable for survival, and the animals lined up to enter the newly finished ark just "knew" instinctively, this was the place to be. Perfect timing too, roos using the previous landbridge off Darwin to time their coming to the grand opening of the ark. arrgh.

• prologos
    prologos

tonight is Noah Night at the kingdom hall; faith build on water, not on the Rock below. even if water came for 150 days, that is still ~2 meters, 3 feet every hour, everywhere to cover Everests, and that to make sure every bird dies too;--maybe not the Albatross, but around the wt 's neck anyway.

Noah Night, make it right.

• Splash
    Splash
    prologos even if water came for 150 days, that is still ~2 meters, 3 feet every hour, everywhere to cover Everests

Everest did not exist before the flood, it was created as a result of the flood.
    Therefore the waters did not need to reach so high.

*** w68 7/15 p. 422 Was There an Earthwide Flood? ***
    there is no reason to believe that the pre-Flood mountains had to be nearly as high as that. You may recall that the Scientific Monthly magazine suggested that in earth’s earlier days “there were no high mountains forming physical or climatic barriers.” It was apparently the tremendous weight of the Flood waters that pushed mountain peaks to their high levels and produced more than six-mile-deep valleys in the ocean floor.

See, it all makes perfect sense.

• stuckinarut2
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I225Vcs3X0g

Watch till the end too! Good vital statistics!

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    It was apparently the tremendous weight of the Flood waters that pushed mountain peaks to their high levels and produced more than six-mile-deep valleys in the ocean floor.

They love those words: apparently and evidently. Funny how it's not so apparent to the scientific community.

• prologos
    prologos
    tim310rd: Funny how it's not so apparent to the scientific community

Yeah scientist are slow learners, unlike the spirit guided G.O.D. experts. Geologists think that Everest was raised by india moving north, raising about 20 meters ~60 feet since the flood. and silly experts they believe, rock is heavier than water, so in a water covered area, the valleys arecovered in less rock, more water, these depressions would actually rise, the mountains sink.But as Jesus said, "If you have faith you can move mountains," and we are discussing the Imitation Faith book right? and
    since "Jesus" endorsed the Flood account. who are we to question it? he was a water expert, walked on it, Peter sank of little faith.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ prologos...

Imitate Their Faith = "imitation" faith.

Clever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit