Faith in the Flood,-- a Dud.

by prologos 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

For the next two weeks, wt will attempt to lay the basis for their imitation "faith" by discussing the "Imitate Their Faith" book, chapter on the flood. A golden opportunity to share faith strengthening details with your believing friends. Do not miss it!

This week, after the meeting, recalling the final comments about the upcoming "flood" discussion, I showed one builder the pictures on page 21,- assembly of the hull. using tar as glue, and dowels as rivets, bolts. hand sawn, hewn 12x12, 2x12s. Could see it falling apart already, got tired, muscle pain just by looking at it.

a brighter light I queried about the water above Everest: had to be above above the highest mountain to make sure no animal would escape by chance so: ~9000 meter of rainwater fell in 40 days. ~ 220 meters a day. ~10 meters an hour, not just in Texas, where things are big, but all over the world. non stop 10 meters an hour. maybe Old Faithful helped from underneath.-- Go to the meetings early to let them have it.

There is a drove of details in the search box, but make your personal favoured stick.

• tragical
    tragical
    You are only scratching the surface of the FLOOD FAIL. My 6 year old son doesn't believe this fairy tale.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    do you need to have faith in it?
  • prologos
    prologos

Ucantnome
    6 minutes ago
    do you need to have faith in it?. well, for a wt believer , to have the "assured expectation" you have to believe the unbelievable, Imitation Faith: Chapter 1, the talking snake, the offering of un-eatable carrion by "Abel", Chapter 2, flood , to make sure all animals die. Lucky whales, no wonder they still sing. yes if as a jw you not believe this, have faith, you're out, soon an outcast. believe it or not.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

. Lucky whales, no wonder they still sing

i like that

• prologos
    prologos
    tragical42 minutes ago
    You are only scratching the surface of the FLOOD FAIL.My 6 year old son doesn't believe this fairy tale.Yes, you are so right. so this thread is only a reminder to beat the iron while it is hot, to use this 2 week window of opportunity to sow the needed seeds. and keep it simple. for in depth discussions, search flood.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

My waking up started with looking at JWN for KM's (Atlantis, I am forever in your debt) AND

Visiting the Flood section of Watchtower Letters. That site confirmed my doubts, forced me to look at the facts and eventually helped me wake up.

It is my first stop when someone brings up the topic of Noah or the Flood.

• prologos
    prologos
    Lucky whales, no wonder they still sing

i like that

If you like one liners on the subject: how about

The wt book: if you Imitate Their faith, you will have an Imitation Faith

(Atlantis, I am forever in your debt) AND

Visiting the Flood section of Watchtower Letters. ----thank you for that link, ready to mine for quotable quotes.

• kepler
    kepler

Just caught the NOVA episode on building an ark - or a coracle - according to Babylonian specifications.

It's based on the Irving Finkel book about translating a four thousand year old ark account.

I won't give it away, but it's on line.

• prologos
    prologos

here is a gem from the Imitation Faith book page 22 footnote last line: "--Noah's mother, brothers, and sisters ---** have perished in the flood". wow!! Families in the old days lived together. so Noah perhaps looked on from the upper deck, as his family drowned? No wonder those callous traits were not changed by that Big Wash.

**unless they died earlier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit