Spent weekend with 2 all in JWs

by JaniceA 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

(Warning, rant ahead)

So much indoctrination! One who is battling terminal illness was going on about how Jehovah blessed them with a good used trailer years ago when they were homeless. Mentioned how distressed they were to see homeless camps set up in downtown of our big city. Dying of cancer, surrounded by homeless people, talking to a person displaced and made homeless recently by a hurricane and the God who blessed her a decade ago with a mouse turd infested used camper isn't saving her from cancer, others from natural disasters or homelessness but isn't Jehovah truly a loving god???

I love these ladies who are going against indoctrination to spend time with me. I can deal with the theocratic nonsense, but don't they even HEAR themselves??

Cancer got her before old age pensions could even kick in! Then they keep going on as if their religion is going to be banned worldwide, signs of times, yada yada.

It was a long weekend, but we had fun outside their earnest reminders that the end was near. The hypocrisy that they (and many) attribute to God just bothers me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Then they keep going on as if their religion is going to be banned worldwide, signs of times,

I hope they are correct about that!

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

They think only one religion is being interfered with. I pointed out that their perspective is a bit of tunnel vision since they only read news on the subject from the org. They acknowledged the truth.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

How difficult a time you must have had. I would be sad over the long years of loss that this lady has had. For me, unless they wanted to know the truth, I'd probably just let them be. Ahhh, so difficult.

• freddo
    freddo

Good of you to spend time with them JaniceA. A truly kind act.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

JaniceA - It's a good rant. Thanks for posting. It just shows the power of cult mind control.

So much indoctrination!

...and it works wonders like a glass of Mackesons.

One who is battling terminal illness was going on about how Jehovah blessed them with a good used trailer years ago when they were homeless.

So sad. I bet the WBT$ HQ didn't help one little bit.

Mentioned how distressed they were to see homeless camps set up in downtown of our big city. Dying of cancer, surrounded by homeless people, talking to a person displaced and made homeless recently by a hurricane and the God who blessed her a decade ago with a mouse turd infested used camper isn't saving her from cancer, others from natural disasters or homelessness but isn't Jehovah truly a loving god???

Again the WBT$ watch from the sidelines indifferent and still leeching money off these ones.

I love these ladies who are going against indoctrination to spend time with me. I can deal with the theocratic nonsense, but don't they even HEAR themselves??

No. Not in the slightest.

Cancer got her before old age pensions could even kick in! Then they keep going on as if their religion is going to be banned worldwide, signs of times, yada yada.

It's a grand delusion that they need to convince themselves of because the actual reality is too frightening to contemplate.

It was a long weekend, but we had fun outside their earnest reminders that the end was near. The hypocrisy that they (and many) attribute to God just bothers me.

Yes. It's bonkers. All made up nonsense. I s'pose someone has to believe. I mean, if people take Scientology seriously, what's that saying?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit