Rick Tunon?

by careful 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• careful
    careful

I recently read Alan Feuerbacher's life story at https://ad1914.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/why-i-am-no-longer-a-jehovah.pdf, and something struck me. Perhaps someone else here has addressed it before, but I think it's worth bringing up. On p. 16 he mentions a 10-hour meeting he had with a man studying and two NY JW heavyweights at the home of one, Rick Tunon. This meeting took place in 1994, 10 years before the supposed WTS "anointed scholar" John Albu died, and it was over some of the more difficult WTS teachings, ones few Witnesses would have any interest in and certainly not be capable of defending for 10 hours! Feuerbacher calls the other one "a relatively young anointed brother named Rick Tunon."

We can note how, from the modern practice we see with GB 2.1, a bro. who claims to be anointed comes to be "invited to join the GB." The pattern is being loyal to the org for a long time and preferably in full-time service for a long time too. So then isn't this Rick Tunon about due, especially in light of the appointment of the GB's most recent member, Mark Sanderson?

What do people here at the forum know of this man? If he was "relatively young" 21 years ago, then he certainly is no longer so. The GB is down to just 7 members, some of whom must be getting old and it must be difficult for them to accomplish their workload. So is this Rick Tunon in line? Why hasn't he already been "invited"? Is he too much of a maverick? Do they fear he might rock the boat? He would seem like a loyal, prime candidate.

One thing struck me. Feuerbacher states, "But Tunon, wanting to help restore my faith, explained how he had become anointed', which bordered on a miraculous experience for him." Might this be view as suspicious by current GB members since that seems like a line that "real" anointed ones do not discuss even though the average Witness usually craves to know this info.

Your thoughts?

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

I recently read Alan Feuerbacher's life story at https://ad1914.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/why-i-am-no-longer-a-jehovah.pdf, and something struck me. Perhaps someone else here has addressed it before, but I think it's worth bringing up.

Very interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit