Bored Teenagers?

by compound complex 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

We loved Connie when we were kids, back in the '50s. Still do, for that matter!

Watch the kids in the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8x5cUFoDnU

• smiddy
    smiddy

I agree with you CoCo ,the 50`s and 60`s were a time I look back on with fond memories

.Oh to be a teenager back then with what I know now.

• zeb
    zeb

Look like a bunch in the front row of a convention, especially the chewing gum!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I saw and met Connie Francis in 1958 or 59 when she appeared at an amusement park in Western Pennsylvania. At the time, the park would bring big name stars to perform at the pavilion at least once a month. After her performance, she stayed to sign autographs for those who wanted one. I stood in line and waited and finally got to her. She shook my hand and asked my name and signed her name and mine. Wish I still had it! I was 12 years old then.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, smiddy, zeb, and HappyDad:

Great replies and experiences -- THANKS! Yeah, the '50s and '60s. We were poor, but we had our phonographs and 45 rpm records. Family and I still have Richie Valens, Everly Brothers, etc.

My irreverent allusion to dear Connie's tale of woe:

Dear Happy Homemaker:
    I'm having a laundry problem. My husband's shirt collars have red lipstick on them and it just won't come out. I've tried scrubbing, bleaching, and bluing, with no success at all. Mary Jane, who's my best friend, has offered to have the shirts professionally cleaned -- she'll kindly fetch them while I'm at work and Hubby's tending to household chores -- but I don't want to take advantage of her generosity.
    What do you say?
    Connie aka Baby Pink

Dear Connie,
    You don't have a laundry problem, Sweetie! If I were you, I'd switch from baby pink to a red-hot, angry slash of magenta across those lips. Or, you could buy your husband red shirts. Or, make him go out and find a job while you tend to the house. Or, move to another state and leave no forwarding address.
    Good luck with Old Mister Innocent Bystander!
    HH

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

That was a real treat to see and hear. I've never heard of her before seeing this, but this was before my time. I love the expressions of the kids in the audience, and I so love the styles and hair from the 50's and early 60's. Things seemed so much simpler and fun.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I was a little girl but I remember that song

Do you remember the Paris sisters and their song "I love how you love me" that song a young girls fantasy

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Heartsafire and Nancy, for your comments, including memories. Remember the Paris Sisters and that beautiful tune!

Yes, a simpler time. We were poor but managed to collect dimes and nickels, with the occasional "2-bits" from Grandpa, and buy those wonderful 45-rpm records. Family and I still have scads of the hit parade records. My fave by Connie was "Who's Sorry Now?"

"Stupid Cupid" -- another hit by Connie Francis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kJA8v577W8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit