Introducing www.jwletter.com

by Roger Kirkpatrick 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Roger Kirkpatrick
    Roger Kirkpatrick
    Due to current restrictions, letter writing has replaced the door-to-door method of preaching. However, the typical JW practice of hand printing sappy and childish messages and enclosing what amounts to Watchtower "junk mail" is enough to embarrass even XJWs.

I decided to compose a letter which completely "spills the beans" regarding current JW beliefs and practices, and here is why I did so. In the 1960s, when I was 15 years old, I was carefully trained to call, uninvited, on my neighbors, reading 3 scriptures, concluding with Rev. 18:4, and telling them that they were in a false religion which would soon be destroyed by Jehovah; and that, if they did not leave their religion and become a JW, they, too, would be destroyed. I shudder, now, recalling the things I said to people back then. But, we were told at that time that the nearer we got to the great tribulation, the more stinging our message would become. Well, clearly, that was another Watchtower lie, because the message preached by JWs today is a complete joke.

So, I imagined a sincere JW who truly believes that the "great tribulation" is imminent, and who truly believes JWs are performing a life-saving preaching work, but who is completely put off by the milquetoast message preached by JWs today. That sincere JW believes it when Watchtower says that what matters is, not the message being preached but, rather, the righteously-disposed heart condition of the one hearing the message which will result in one being spared at Armageddon. One may never get a second chance, so one had better take full advantage of one's first opportunity to acquaint one's listeners with "Kingdom truth" as published by Watchtower and embraced by JWs worldwide. One would think that every JW would feel that kind of urgency if they truly believed what the GB tells them is going to happen very shortly. I purposely presented JW beliefs in language commonly used by the JWs I knew when discussing such beliefs among themselves, privately or at the KH. One online commenter loved the condescending and judgmental tone of the letter.

I began circulating the letter, mailing copies to hundreds of church pastors throughout Texas, using the return address of the local KH in various communities. I listed the telephone numbers of Watchtower offices in Warwick, Wallkill, and Patterson, imagining that people would be so shocked by the letter that they would call to comment or ask questions. I even mailed a copy to myself, and showed my copy to a number of local JWs. They all read the entire letter, saying that it was clearly written by an apostate, but confirming the accuracy of the beliefs and practices described therein. I even called the numbers myself, and one Watchtower elder offered the same assessment. He also said that Watchtower had received numerous calls about the letter.

I began sharing the letter on social media, and the response from XJWs has been very enthusiastic. Thanks to the efforts of individuals who clearly enjoyed the letter, it now has its own domain, www.jwletter.com, and has been translated into Spanish and other languages.

In times past, Watchtower compared its judgment message and its effect on people as the sting of scorpions. Remember the pictures of horses with scorpion stingers for tails? JWs are clearly disturbed by my letter, as if being stung by a scorpion, and I know it is because they know that it exposes the idiocy of Watchtower teachings which they have wholeheartedly endorsed, even though they don't talk openly about such things except among themselves. Most people have known at least one JW, but nobody knows what JWs really believe. www.jwletter.com hopes to change all that.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

Excellent

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Is this your letter Roger?

https://youtu.be/7nFYZYpD-l0

• Roger Kirkpatrick
    Roger Kirkpatrick

Yes, that is the letter I composed. Did it seem to you that he reacted as if he had been stung by a scorpion? Wasn't that how we were told by Watchtower that members of Christendom would react when faithful JWs preached a message of judgment just prior to the great tribulation? Remember the pictures of horses having scorpions for tails? Watchtower seems to assume that we would have forgotten or that we weren't paying attention to all the bullshit it was publishing as the good news in the '50s, '60s, and '70s.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

One of the retired missionaries at our church gave me a copy of the letter about 2 years ago or so and said maybe I should respond to it because of my JW background.

I don't think anyone knew it was a spoof.

After reading it, I had a big laugh and wondered at what kind of crazed, double-dealing, watchtower infested (but now free) mind could be capable of such a thing.

Now! I finally know it was you Roger! Good work. You are one well-groomed, beardless righteous dude.

I bet the KH's received several phone calls because of it and probably had copies sent to them as well.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Great, clever job! And it’s really their “truth”.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well done Roger. The letter to Colin was excellent as well as comprehensive; a definite keeper!

• Achille
    Achille

Traduzione italiana:

Caro vicino,

Dal momento che la fine del mondo, come lo conosciamo è pericolosamente vicina, scriviamo questa lettera per dirvi cose che il vostro sacerdote non vi ha detto, ma che i testimoni di Geova di www.jw.org vogliono farvi sapere.

Gesù Cristo è ritornato invisibilmente nel 1914 (l'inizio degli “ultimi giorni”) e da quell'anno iniziò a giudicare tutte le religioni cristiane. Nel 1919 Gesù scelse personalmente la Watchtower Bible & Tract Society (conosciuta anche come Testimoni di Geova) quale organizzazione guidata dallo spirito di Dio per predicare la buona notizia del regno di Dio prima che Dio distrugga tutti i governi umani e la falsa religione nella prossima battaglia di Armaghedon (Matt. 24:14). Quindi, è assolutamente necessario che tutti coloro che desiderano evitare la distruzione da parte di Geova ad Armaghedon, diventino al più presto Testimoni di Geova. Certo, la Torre di Guardia in precedenza aveva scritto che Armaghedon sarebbe avvenuto nel 1914, poi, di nuovo, nel 1925. Quindi è stato fortemente suggerito che sarebbe avvenuto nel 1975, quando i funzionari della Torre di Guardia coniarono la frase “rimanere in vita fino al 1975”. Ma quelle erano solo le previsioni di uomini imperfetti. Questa volta, tuttavia, il Corpo Direttivo dei Testimoni di Geova è sicuro! Quindi, non avere esitazioni!

Non commettere l'errore comune di leggere la tua Bibbia senza l'aiuto delle pubblicazioni della Watchtower, perché potresti concludere che i testimoni di Geova hanno torto. Il Corpo Direttivo dei Testimoni di Geova è lo “schiavo fedele e saggio” di Cristo (Matt. 24:45), e solo il Corpo Direttivo può interpretare la Bibbia. Quindi, dimentica tutto ciò che il tuo sacerdote ti ha detto perché tutte le religioni, ad eccezione dei testimoni di Geova, sono false. I loro ministri sono ministri di Satana che hanno accecato i loro occhi. Possono predicare che Gesù è il mediatore tra Dio e gli uomini (1 Timoteo 2: 5), ma non ti hanno detto che Gesù è solo il mediatore dei 144.000 cristiani che sono unti con lo spirito per andare in paradiso. È vero, Gesù ha detto che nessuno viene al Padre se non per mezzo di lui; ma l'unico modo per raggiungere Gesù è attraverso il Corpo Direttivo dei Testimoni di Geova, lo "schiavo fedele e saggio".

Solo 144.000 cristiani hanno la speranza di andare in paradiso con Gesù (Ap. 14: 1). Tutti gli altri cristiani che sopravvivranno ad Armaghedon godranno della vita eterna su una terra paradisiaca purificata (Salmi 37:10, 11). Solo un piccolo numero di questi 144.000 cristiani unti con lo spirito rimane oggi sulla Terra, e tutti coloro che sono rimasti sono testimoni di Geova. Solo loro dovrebbero mangiare il pane e il vino quando si commemora il Pasto Serale annuale del Signore.

I testimoni di Geova credono che sia un peccato accettare trasfusioni di sangue salvavita perché la Bibbia dice ai cristiani di "astenersi dal… sangue." (Atti 15:20) È vero che molti studiosi affermano che l'unico divieto biblico riguardo al sangue era quello di mangiare il sangue di animali uccisi per cibarsene. Ma quegli studiosi hanno torto, perché lo dice lo “schiavo fedele e saggio”. Migliaia di uomini, donne e bambini Testimoni di Geova sono morti per aver rifiutato trasfusioni di sangue salvavita, perché solo il Corpo Direttivo dei Testimoni di Geova può determinare cosa è o non è una questione di coscienza, perché loro parlano per conto di Geova stesso. Secondo la Watchtower, bisogna essere pronti a ubbidire al Corpo Direttivo o ai propri anziani locali, anche se farlo non ha senso da un punto di vista logico o umano.

Le persone che lasciano la religione della loro famiglia e diventano testimoni di Geova vengono spesso rinnegate ed evitate dalle loro famiglie. Questa persecuzione era solo da prevedere, perché Gesù disse di essere venuto a causare tali divisioni tra le famiglie. Tuttavia, quando i testimoni di Geova ostracizzano, troncano i rapporti ed evitano i membri della famiglia che lasciano la loro religione per motivi morali (come insegnamenti e pratiche antiscritturali della Watchtower), loro fanno per amore, per aiutare chi è smarrito a tornare a Geova . Dividere le famiglie per amore è una pratica incoraggiata dal Corpo Direttivo dei Testimoni di Geova.

Non lasciarti distrarre da tutte le azioni legali e dalla pubblicità negativa contro i Testimoni di Geova per non aver denunciato anziani pedofili, servitori di ministero e pionieri (missionari) all'interno delle loro congregazioni, i cui crimini non sono mai stati denunciati alle autorità civili ma sono custoditi in una banca dati segreta della Torre di Guardia. I testimoni di Geova sono nel mondo, ma non fanno parte del mondo. I rappresentanti di Geova hanno il diritto di disobbedire alle leggi che ritengono contrarie alle leggi di Geova. Come i cristiani del I secolo, i testimoni di Geova devono ubbidire a Geova come governante piuttosto che agli uomini. Quindi va bene che i testimoni di Geova nascondino la verità per ingannare i nemici di Geova, anche se lo fanno nei tribunali dopo aver giurato di dire “la verità, tutta la verità e nient'altro che la verità”.

Prima di visitare una Sala del Regno dei Testimoni di Geova, tieni presente che i Testimoni di Geova sono ben curati e si vestono con modestia. Le loro donne “socie approvate” si truccano leggermente, indossano pochi gioielli e scelgono abiti senza scollature e orli sotto il ginocchio. I loro “soci approvati” maschi evitano dal farsi crescere la barba e dall'indossare pantaloni attillati, che sono stati ideati dagli omosessuali, secondo lo “schiavo fedele e saggio”. I visitatori sono incoraggiati ad aderire a queste linee guida per conformarsi ed evitare di ricevere sguardi critici da altri.

Per commenti o domande, contatta i Testimoni di Geova al numero +39 06 872941

Orario d'ufficio

Dal lunedì al venerdì

Dalle 8:00 alle 12:00 e dalle 13:00 alle 17:00

Buona giornata!

• Overrated
    Overrated

Nice letter and on point! Watchtower can't deny.

• PhilosophicalLogic
    PhilosophicalLogic

I read the JW letter and the letter from father to son, both were funny and informative, thanks so much for writing them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit