backward masking on DVD`s oops CD`s is that still a thing with the GB ? WTB&TS ?

by smiddy3 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Backward masking of Cd`s / vinyl records etc opening up to Demon influence way back in the 60`s-80`s do they still talk about this ?

And how about DVD`s is that the new scare ? of Demon influence /control over you ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If I recall correctly, it started with one of those nutty born again TV evangelist types over in America.

I imagine that's all been forgotten now.

That takes me back though. I remember one dolt of a brother saying he heard an ELO LP and it made him feel faint because of the backward masking. ELO????? I know their albums are a bit over produced but as for being demonic™........oooooo er.

The focus seems to be on the tightness of trousers and what sort of 'happy socks™ are allowed.

With all the urgent things that need sorting out, the Jobo pope TOMO has put priority on trousers.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

This came out a while back and the dubbies claimed that many of the words were satanic. Nothing to do with the sexy girlies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMT698ArSfQ

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

There was a family in the congregation I grew up in that was obsessed with things possessed by demons and random objects and things having some kind of satanic meaning. They went as far as scrutinizing the buttons in my father's blazer looking for the cause of an accident he got involved in.

Anyway, hopefully they don't trigger people with schizophrenia anymore by that practice.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Last I heard of this was year ago and if you played a Country Music record backwards it would result in you getting back your dog, your girlfriend or wife (hopefully not both), and your pickup truck.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They went as far as scrutinizing the buttons in my father's blazer looking for the cause of an accident he got involved in. ~ ScratchMe

I knew a family that sanded off the cross on the chest of the bishops of their chess set. (Guess they shouldn't have even owned a chess set seeing how it "teaches war".)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I usually listen to my albums when played forwards. Usually, unless you have special equipment or software, most CD players will not play backwards and most MP3 files only go forward. And, as it is usually so faint, it can be interpreted any way you want. For instance, one person might see a backmasked track as being racist. Another might see it as the end of all pagan religions and enslavement for everyone else. Someone else might think they hear jesus krayst singing. Still someone else might "here" Satanic messages. All in the same piece.

What I observed is that the jokehovian witlesses always take everything in the worst possible light. Most of those songs are not even bad if taken in context. Taken out of context and distorted, you could make any line in any song "bad". And that is what the hounders tend to do--bring everything in its worst context so people are afraid to play anything that is not a kingdumb malady (which can be played backward, with the same vague messages that could be taken any way you want as worldly music).

• skin
    skin

Wonder if anyone at head office (JW.ORG) listened to all the vocals of the recorded meeting songs backwards before they were released to the congregations?

• The Poetry Of Reality
    The Poetry Of Reality

Hi skin, did you get my PM in December?

Keen to talk with you.

Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit