I went down in the first Round!

by John Aquila 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It was a good scripture to use, but what did you expect him to answer? And of course the scripture presupposes that "Jehovah of armies" was behind the formation and administration of the WTBTS. If the presuppositions are true, and God whispers his secrets to the Governing Body as he did the prophets, the brother's sentiment is indeed noble, and true. But if Jehovah did not inspect all the world's religions in the early 1900s (as difficult as that would be to believe), and if he did not choose the WTBTS, of what virtue would it be to stick with it regardless of how many, or few, pledged their allegiance to it? The very notion that the SUPREME BEING OF THE UNIVERSE would depend on MAN to create religions, then choose one as if choosing a beauty contestant winner 🏆 is itself a problematic doctrine. How do we know he didn't pick the Hare Krishnas? Or the Methodists? Or perhaps he chose the Unitarians! One thing I do know, the answer isn't in I Kings.

• fukitol
    fukitol
    Obsessive compulsive new thread starting disorder.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I went down in the first Round!

The visitor brother then says to everyone;

“It doesn’t matter how many leave the organization, there will always be

“SOME”

“Faithful Followers” who will stick with Jehovah’s Organization”

“Am I right?”

http://memecrunch.com/meme/4BA04/arguing-with-an-idiot-is-like-playing-chess-with-a-pigeon/image.png

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    1 Kings is currently being considerred in the TMS for the month of Oct. He probably is upto date with his highlights. The next time you offer an objection, do the homework
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hail the Theocracy, ever decreasing!!

"The little one will become a mighty nation... then it will become a little one again." The bible says so! And it's an identifying mark of da troof!

Of course, that trend has happened with plenty of religions long before JWs came along.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"The little one will become a mighty nation... then it will become a little one again.

ha ha!!!!!!

• Sabin
    Sabin

The question is not how many leave the borg, but wether God has turned his back on them.

Why would he do that I hear you cry.

I don't rightly know, but maybe he doesn't approve of your child abuse policies. Asshole.

• Simon
    Simon

You can't win using reason with these people.

If they grow: "we're blessed !"

If they shrink: "we're special !"

The bible provides the fodder of any prophesy to fit any occasion. It makes no sense ... and that's why there is no reasoning with them.

• punkofnice
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Oopsss..... Brother fundamentalist with on every question an appropriate answer. How I hate that kind of bible wizzkids.

Gorby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit