I went down in the first Round!

by John Aquila 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

There is a visitor brother in town and from what I’ve been told, he has been a missionary for many years and they were having a get together for him. I took my mom to that get-together yesterday and stayed for a few minutes. I heard a group around a table with the visitor brother talking about how hard it was getting in the world with so many distractions and that many of the brothers were falling into the trap and leaving Jehovah’s organization. Ever one was nodding yes and agreeing.

I couldn’t resist and I had to step in and try to ask a question to get them to think. I asked;

What if all the witnesses just started leaving the organization by the hundreds of thousands until the entire organization only had ONE MILLION member worldwide.

They all looked at me with their “eyes wide shut”

The visitor-missionary brother asks for a Bible and he opens it up and reads this to everyone;

(1 Kings 19:14) . . .To this he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies; for the sons of Israel have left your covenant, your altars they have torn down, and your prophets they have killed with the sword, so that I only am left; and they begin looking for my soul to take it away.”

(1 Kings 19:18) . . .And I have let seven thousand remain in Israel, all the knees that have not bent down to Ba′al, and every mouth that has not kissed him.”

The visitor brother then says to everyone;

“It doesn’t matter how many leave the organization, there will always be

“SOME”

Faithful Followers” who will stick with Jehovah’s Organization”

“Am I right?”

And everyone started clapping and yelling all kinds of stuff.I thought it was an ISIS rally!

I lost that round!!!!

• DJS
    DJS

John,

Ouch! That had to leave a mark. But you are strong and wise and like the Terminator you will rise to future occasions.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WOW! John. Very shocking story.

Seems like he was "prepared" for that kind of question. No one has a scripture from 1st Kings on the tip of their tongue. That was clearly a planned response.

Wouldn't it have great to be able to ask if all those at the table could be assumed to be among the 7,000, and would they be willing to sell all of their belongings (like Jesus commanded) so that the work of WTS could continue?

Just how much faith do they have? Money talks. BS walks.

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I marked you equal on points for that round.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Wouldn't it have great to be able to ask if all those at the table could be assumed to be among the 7,000,

Ha Ha,

It was just that one brother that had a response, the rest were dumbfounded when I asked the question. I wonder what would have happened if that brother/missionary was not there? He was a die-hard no doubt. "Evidently" he has been asked the question before and was now prepared.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i have to admire you for going John. i'm damn sure i couldnt have. i bet that lot would have stoned you to death if they could have got away with it.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

i bet that lot would have stoned you to death if they could have got away with it.

Yep, but that's why I do it, because I know they can't stone me to death without facing the consequences of modern law.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Asking a perfectly valid question is not "going down in the first round".

Besides, the vast majority of us have all concluded that even if the WTS crumbled down to a pale shadow of its former self, there would always be a few hard-core loyalists who'd remain. This guy is just confirming what we already know.

x

BTW, please put the word "evidently" in quotes or italics so we know you're being facetious (it triggers anxiety in some of us).

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1) Is that the official stance of the WTBTS on those scriptures, or is that your independent interpretation?

2) What happens to those murdered the prophets?

3) If we're using the OT for support, what's wrong with "hiding in caves" like the good worshippers did when Jezebel was persecuting them?

4) The ORG is a legal instrument, according to the GB. We don't pledge allegiance to a legal instrument. If it becomes corrupt, we leave it.

5) To quote Gerrit Loesh, "I am not under authority of the WTBTS."

DD

• Splash
    Splash

Shame you didn't go back a chapter and ask what the false prophets were teaching, to deserve death at God's hand?

(1 Kings 18:21) Then E·liʹjah approached all the people and said: “How long will you be limping between two different opinions?"

Would have been a great time to ask about the F&DS or Generation flip flopping teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit