SHUNNING - Unchristian Psychological Torture

by EdenOne 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poopie
    poopie
    Sorry Luke 6:31-37 that's God's view toward all humans period.
  • poopie
    poopie
    I do agree with the idea that watchtower inflicting physiological pain on them elves and the shunned anytime you show a lack of love to another human you hurt yourself in the process.
  • under the radar
    under the radar

I appreciate your reasonable and balanced approach to this sensitive topic. (I would have said "masterful," but that word has been forever soiled by the recent WT video.)

If the WT would take such an approach to this and all their other policies masquerading as Biblical doctrine, they would have far less opposition and keep far more of their members.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wow, great work and thanks for sharing, Eden?

Would you consider putting it all into one Google doc to make it easier to read?

Thanks,

Oubliette

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Oub, I would gladly do it if I knew how.

Eden

• JWchange
    JWchange

Dr EdenOne: Very well written scholarly article. You qualify for PhD level in JW TTATT activism!

I suggest you send to jwsurvey, jwfacts and others for publication. Also, may be worth sending via courier marked confidential to each member of the Governing Body and their 'helpers'. over a period of time so that your article doesn't get binned at the same time. This is a wild card, but could lay seeds of change for the future. Even though i wont hold my breath, your excellent article could create future change in the JWs, if just a couple of their leadership reads it, especially when their expansion starts decreasing.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

marking for later thanks

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Eden: Oub, I would gladly do it if I knew how.

It's easy. Do you have a gmail account? You will need one. I would suggest an anonymous one for this.

Then you go to Google drive and create a document. Cut and Paste your info into it and then share the link with whoever you want.

-

I have 9th graders doing it!

If you don't want to do that, I could create a document for you, but then everyone that reads it would think you are me, or that I am you!!!

Oubliette

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Oub, I followed your advice.

Here's my contribution. Anyone can now access it on Google Docs, using this link:

Feel free to use the essay as you please, just respect its integrity and credit the author if you publish or print it.

Eden

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    True. It looks like by inflicting shunning, not only are you hurting others, but also damaging your own image in the process. That is an example of true hypocrisy!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit