The diabolical plan of the WTBTS.

by DATA-DOG 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    This is true most JWS of even my era in the 60's and 70's didn't know that the WTS under C T Russell proclaimed that the generation starting from 1874 was the generation to witness the GT and 1914 was the assumable year for Armageddon.

IDK I feel like this is different somehow. In those instances there were recalculations or they would change tactics and start looking at other prophecies, jubilee years, 7000 years since Adam etc. In this case they have literally nothing to base this on at all except trying to redefine a common term. I don't think the young people are fooled one bit and middle aged people live through the failure. Then again I always thought "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" was about the generation teaching too until I finally read it for myself.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I know this thread is dead, but I just thought of something. The WTBTS makes a big deal about the R&F not "stumbling" Christ's brothers by giving them undue attention and honor, thereby inflating their ego.

Why was there no mention of "stumbling" partakers by treating them like shit?

DD

• Listener
    Listener
    Wasn't their main focus supposed to be the gathering in of God's chosen ones? The drawing together of the body of Christ? Now they are confessing that they can't be sure who they are.
    If the true religion is clearly identifiable then those making up the congregation (of God, only the anointed) should be apparent. The separation of the wheat (true anointed Christians) and the weeds (false Christians) began in 1914, by being drawn into the earthly organisation. Now, within that organisation, they are not apparent.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Yes, listener they did used to say that when the number of anointed was trending down. It was like a countdown to the GT. Now, that it is going up, it is insignificant and inaccurate. Funny how that works.
  • bafh
    bafh

If the number is unimportant, why have they been taking a count all these years? Oh, because they didn't realize it was not important until just NOW? ok, so why do they continue to take a count?

I happened to be at a relative's house two weekends ago, and read the magazine. Talk about have to twist my mind into a pretzel for any of it to make sense...SIGH.

SO glad I'm not a JW any more. :-)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Data-Dog...

Didn't you know?

It ain't "stumbling" when the GB does it.

( )

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

bafh - "...Talk about have to twist my mind into a pretzel for any of it to make sense..."

Wow.

You were actually able to get it to make sense??? :wink:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit