On Independence (here go sister fred)

by Big Jim 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

I don't think that the flesh is necessarily treacherous, evil, bad. It is cantankerous, and it is independent. The idea of independence is the key. It really is like colonialism. The colonies suddenly decide that they can and should exist with their own personality and should detach from the control of the mother country. At first the colony is perceived as being treacherous. It's a betrayal. Ultimately, it can be seen as the separation of a partner that could be very valuable as an equal rather than as something you dominate

• Francois
    Francois

Well said, well said indeed.

However, you can bet you're in for some tortured logic and specious reasoning from some of the hard-shell JWs that lurk on this site. I mean, after all, they become just like the god they worship, the WTB&TS. What could be more illogical and specious than that?

Actually, as I've noted before, cults attract a specific personality type, and that type is impervious to anything resembling reasoning. Those of us who got out I suspect were never really in, if you know what I mean. There was something else at work that had us there in the first place: was raised in it and bugged out at the first opportunity; trying to please a spouse; trying to please someone who you wanted to be a spouse; temporary insanity. As soon as we came to our good senses, we were gone. And not being the type who like being lied to, kicked around, or screwed with in general - we screw back.

Serves 'em right. The bastards.

Francoise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit