King from the North

by Cheyannesways 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cheyannesways
    Cheyannesways

Prior to 1978 did the JW's use Daniel 11 about the king from the north and the king from the south to imply this was signs of the great tribulation coming or signs of the end?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

From at least the 1950's until the fall of the Soviet Union, they taught that the King of the North was the communist bloc of nations, and that the King of the South was the democratic "free world". Now, the official position is that they don't know who the King of the North is. I'm not sure whether they have changed their position on the King of the South or not.

• Erich
    Erich

Who is the new king of the north?

I`m sure one will know it within the next 2 months.

E.

• artful
    artful

NeonMadman: you are correct, according to the recent WTS Daniel book, they claim that 'the course of wisdom' has lead them to not attempt to identify the King of the North! I guess the Watchtower article in 1984 was not observing the 'course of wisdom' when it emphatically stated that the King of the North (clearly identified by them as USSR) and the South (USA) were then embroiled in their 'FINAL conflict'!!!! The Daniel book still refers to 'Anglo-America' as the King of the South.
    Cheers Artful

• Erich
    Erich

The "king of the North" often has changed in history.

He is defined as the military dominant imperial power. Once, it was the Soviet Union. After its collaps the United States adopted this part. And now, after the gulf war II, maybe a new euro-asian alliance (with Russia and China) will be the next "king of the north".

E.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

C A N A D A

Now you know, just reading that, should totally set your minds at ease .

• Robotnomore
    Robotnomore

NEW LIGHT!!! The last I heard from the WT it was a family of Polar Bears in Alaska.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

King of North???

Why...it's them ApostatesTM on Simon's site!!!!!!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit