Family

by Stella3 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Stella3
    Stella3

Hi everyone,

i posted a month or two ago about my recently disfellowshipped sister who was feeling massive amounts of shame and doubt. I moved out of my home state 5 years ago so she has come to visit me twice since she has been df'd and she loves it here. I am a recovered alcoholic (5 years clean and sober) and spend my days with the most amazing non judgmental people I've ever met. When she is here she feels loved and accepted. Half of her wants to pick up and move here but then she has my mom and dad laying on the doomsday stuff really thick. Every time she leaves visiting me and goes home I get texts everyday about how she doesn't want to 'be' anymore. I've been successful in getting her to think for herself a little bit but every time she does she feels guilty and the cognitive dissociation kicks in.. She has acknowledged that most of her responses to my questions are scripted. Not actually coming from what she believes. She just says things like this is 'all I know because it's all I've been taught.' I am doing my best to be as supportive and loving to her as I am allowed to be. My fear is tomorrow is their convention and I've already read the horror of what this years program looks like. My mom has already started to limit her assosiation with me since my sister has made me such a close confidant. My mom is starting to treat me like an enemy instead of family. It hurts a lot. Honestly I am not sure what this thread is about. Sometimes I guess I just need to hear from other people who understand all of this nonsense. My husband is massively supportive but it still baffles him a lot of the time. I've been away from the org so long (12 years) and all of this that's going on with my sister had just stirred up a lot of Jw craziness. I have hope for my sister that I never had before. Maybe she will wake up and have the life she's always wanted instead of living for rules and other people. I just want her to have the happiness that I've found.

• just fine
    just fine

One of my siblings blames me for their child leaving the JWs when I had no idea the child was even leaning in that direction. The JW mindset is always looking for someone to blame for a persons choice to leave because it couldn't possibly be the batshit crazy religion.

i hope you can keep all of you familial relationships intact.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Sadly, you can never GIVE people happiness - ot comes from within. You have planted the seed in your sister. Let her water it and help it grow...but on her timetable.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Start pointing out to your sister all the problems with the bible, prophecies that didn't come true , contradictions etc. show here the scripture about the city of Tyre and the ones about Damascus. I think it's easier for people to blow up the bible and get people to agree then trying to blow up thier cult.

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

Totally agree with Crazyguy! But it's easier said than done. That is how my husband woke me up, by pointing out jw doctrine doesn't agree with bible. It's so hard though when I talk to relatives because I find myself talking bad about the org and that's the worst thing you can do. They will automatically shut down and think your possessed or something....anyways feel free to vent anytime. Many people here know all too well what your going through and it's nice to know your not alone, and some have it worse unfortunately... just think positively and don't let it get you down. Sending lots of love😊

• Faith after Deception
    Faith after Deception

Dear Stella,

I'm so sorry; your poor sister. It sounds like you're doing so much and being exactly the person she needs. It must be a huge strain on you, I can't even imagine.

• Faith after Deception
    Faith after Deception

I just found this excellent info in another thread about how to help those who are stuck:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5729160790016000/guide-helping-other-break-free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit