Christmas Eve Service

by Biahi 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Biahi
    Biahi

I just got home from attending a lovely Christmas Eve service with my daughter and her family. What a nice, no pressure, service, singing the old songs we all know. Silent Night, etc. everyone came dressed as they were, women in jeans, ( my daughter had ripped ones on ) . Lit candles at the end. This is how church should be. This was a community Christian church.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m pleased that you had a lovely Xmas Eve with your daughter and her family with a Church that doesn`t put restrictions and conditions on how they say you should worsip or respect or even acknowledge your God.

Good for you

Take care Biahi

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Bihari, I'm glad you had a good time with your family listening to beautiful choral music.

Do you think they'd let me in a KH with ripped jeans?! Hey they wouldn't let me in a KH😀

• Biahi
    Biahi

Thank you all, and MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALL!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

When Paul spoke against poor people in dirty clothing being made to sit in the back at meetings, he wasn't talking about 'newly interested ones', he was talking about Christians. There's nothing wrong with dressing up if that's what you want, but one rule leads to another rule and another without end. A very slippery slope.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Xanthippe - you and your ripped jeans are always welcome with me.

Merry Christmas to all!

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Biahi, I have a relative that years ago when he and his wife "woke" up that they attended with their children a Christmas production at a local church. Afterward, they looked at each other in disbelief and commented, "we have been missing this for 30 years because we were "Witnesses"? What a waste."

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

For whoever misunderstood my comment: I was AGREEING with the post. That's what happens when you speed read 😅

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit