The Goddess of War.

by gsx1138 6 Replies latest jw friends

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I find it interesting that today we went to war.

Today is the celebration of Athena the Greek Goddess of War.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Hey GSX...I haven't seen you around much...is that because you're not here, or am I blind? I am guessing I am blind...but just saying hi anyway!

So how do you find all these celebration dealies anyway? You always seem to post them, or at least be pretty familar with them all. Is there like a celebration, or festival, or day of honor every freaking day? PAGENS RULE! Heh heh...

No disrespect was meant...just curious...

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

When is the celebration of Nike, the Greek goddess of victory?

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I've been around a little bit. I've been studying for finals for the past couple of weeks. I have a calender program on my comp. that alerts me to any festival, holidays, and celebrations going on each day. It includes allot of different Pagan beliefs from Roman to Greek to Norse to Egyptian so it just seems like there are allot of parties. However, there are a ton of minor celebrations for pagans which is why I think the Roman government switched to Christianity (besides the control issue) because it was just easier a religion to manage.

I won't know until that day pops up on my calender Random but I get what you're saying. I hope it is very soon.

• Maverick
    Maverick

The sad part about this 'problem' in Iraq is the WatchTower duds will be ever more vigilant and manic to push their drivel. The Governing Body will be standing on the tables at Bethel, jumping up and down, crying '"We told you so, the end is near!" And they will prey on the superstitious fears of the membership. You can be sure the writing dept. is working overtime to weave these events into some past WatchTower article as proof of the GB's exalted position as God's earthly channel. No manner what the outcome of the campaign in Iraq the GB will claim they knew it from their understanding of God's Word! Maverick

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Gsx

Didn't realise that! By the way, Happy Ostara!

Where do you get the calendar, I want one!!!

Sirona

• freedom96
    freedom96

I don't understand why the WTS thinks the end is near. Since the WTS has been around, there have been much larger wars than this one. Two World Wars, and many others.

The bottom line is anytime that there is unrest, the WTS jumps on the fact, and grills it into the poor witnesses that the end is near.

I imagine the same thing was done and said at any time of crisis. Anyone remember what the WTS said back the in Cuban missle crisis? Probably the same thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit