Barksdale Airforce Base in Louisiana,,"CHARLIE"

by LyinEyes 2 Replies latest social current

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am watching the local news and we have the airforce base called Barksdale. Tonite they said there are four or five levels of heightened security and that the one they are now is called CHARLIE. There is only one code word higher in security and that is DELTA.

Since the 9/11 tradegy , they have been on heightened alert and narrowed the entrace into the base to just one lane of traffic.

Just thought I would pass this info on , also Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana ,,,, Barksdale AFB, is the home of many B-52 bombers.

WHat kind of security is going on in your hometown, regardless if you have an AFB or not?

• seawolf
    seawolf

I was just out driving about 30 minutes ago. I've never seen any increased security here or anywhere else. Of course, I don't go to the airport. I know there's a lot there from what I see on the local news.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

We have McConnel AFB here in the armpit of the United States known as Wichita Kansas.

Since 9-11 (I frequent the base for the PX as well as dances that happen there) only military personel can be allowed in unless arranged previously. In past times anyone could visit the base and just peek around the non-restricted areas.

Kansas District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit