11/2022 WT, not-so-encouraging experiences

by neat blue dog 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Here's some 'spiritual gems' from the latest WT, 11/22. First up, a Bethelite who was kicked out, er, "reassigned":

"She was reassigned to
    the field after serving at Bethel for more
    than 23 years. She says: “My change of
    assignment was a big shock. I felt use-
    less and kept asking myself, ‘Where did I
    fail?’” ... But she says: “I never allowed
    myself to doubt the organization or
    Jehovah’s love."

Then there's a very typical account that could be told worldwide, of the org selling a hall paid for with locally raised funds and built with love, and stealing the money:

"a 73-year-old elder in Slo-
    venia, struggled when his congregation
    merged with another congregation
    and the Kingdom Hall that he attend-
    ed was closed. He says: “I did not un-
    derstand why such a beautiful Kingdom
    Hall would be closed. I felt hurt because
    we had recently renovated the hall. I
    am a carpenter, and I had built some of
    the new furniture. Also, the reorgani-
    zation required many adjustments that
    were not easy for us older publishers."

Then there's the experience of what might be a mother letting her daughter die from leukemia (treatable with blood), although it isn't made clear:

"one of her daughters died of cancer
    at just 12 years of age. To make mat-
    ters worse, Brizit’s relatives blamed her
    for these events. They claimed that if
    she had not become one of Jehovah’s
    Witnesses, all those tragedies would not
    have happened. Still, she kept trusting in
    Jehovah and remained close to his orga-
    nization."
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

I would say that the first half of these so called experiences could be true but the second half of these experiences are just made up lies.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

The KH thing really rocked the boat

some put extra personal funds in for their KH to have special seats for those with health problems but no the org took all that for the world wide work

i know of long timers still giving 100£ month to the Borg when they struggle to pay their bills

they think it goes to helping poor countries but the truth is far from this. It goes to branch cars and travel expenses for the fat Rolex wearing you know who

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

They couldn't turn what happened in Russia, with loosing all buildings, to a blessing from God. So they quickly came up with " after deep prayer 😁 yeah right" that it was cause Russia was king of North.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Is it just me or is there a common thread to all 3 experiences -

1. A JW is forced to make a sacrifice by the Watchtower
    2. The JW makes the sacrifice with no benefit
    3. The JW is alright with what happened
  • Ding
    Ding

The message is clear.

If the WT treats you poorly, remain loyal and don't complain.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

truth_b_known, there is an additional step. After facing a difficult decision, the JW wonders why they are being made to suffer so much. Then they reaffirm their unquestioned loyalty to the organization. It is classic victim-speak, where they express sadness at how they are being mistreated by their abuser, but they quickly correct themselves and admit that the abuser really does love them and only wants them to be happy.

The WTS wants the membership to have that attitude, and so they express it as an example to all. No matter how bad the organization's actions or words seem, they are to be trusted and obeyed above all other consideration. When they take that approach, the rank-and-file easily fall in line and are even grateful for the abuse.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I’m glad I got out of the JW religion ages ago. Because it really is all about allowing yourself to be victimized in some fashion - and how you are somehow supposed to like and accept it. No complaints, just absorb the problem.

I saw this garbage and wasn’t having any of it. It was either trying to get me to quit my full-time job and pursue poverty in the ministry or doing favors for the Users in the hall. I refused.

When I read of accounts on the forum about the abuses and sacrifices others have made I just feel disgust that anybody could be so stupid to stick with this. I really do feel the intelligent people with functioning brains have already made it out the door or at least heading for it. I’m sorry for those still stuck in for the sake of family. They should be on the fringes and distance themselves as much as possible to minimize the damage!

I really do think when the older people all pass away that this worthless religion will hopefully be on its way out and finally join the list of defunct religions in the USA.

• hoser
    hoser

The second experience affirms what I have suspected for decades.

They know they are going to close the congregation and sell the hall but they are so dishonest that they won’t tell the publishers until AFTER the renovations are bought and paid for by the local brothers.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

As many here would testify. You would have to be very stupid or mentally unconscious to allow the abuse that Watchtower puts you through as a Jw. My family and I have experienced enough of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit