I need help understanding my moms decision!

by Holzy86 22 Replies latest social family

• Holzy86
    Holzy86

A birthday treat is completely different to a birthday party. I want to take him out and it just happens to be his day of birth. Do jahovas witnesses lock them selfs in on there day of birth just in case there seen having fun.

Anyway she said she will help me with a lift because I spent the day waiting for her and the convention to finish.

JW are very kind decent people who are willing to help, but this forum just seems poison. Calling it a cult it's no more a cult then been catholic, Muslim Hindu or any other religion. Religion is seen as a cult to the people who don't go to a place of worship.

Is anyone on here actually a JW?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

JWs are nothing if not legalistic. Just consider how much you are willing to facilitate her cult activities (since that would seem to be condoning them ) going forward. Not to be retaliatory, but so you can save up for a vehicle that will transport a few extra kids for birthday treats as you have no family to participate in that.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh dear, thanks for the lecture on the use of the word cult to people whose lives were stolen by it. Please, tell us more about how it is. I was in for three decades, a pioneer, ministerial servant, and finally woke up to the truth about the cult. Others here were in even longer. This place is the truth about "The Truth". Jehovah's Witnesses are poison.

• Holzy86
    Holzy86

HAHA this is hilarious. You all left the cult but you still come to a place to talk about the cult get over it your out, move on live life like normal people do by having fun! Haha.

I was told that I won't be in paradise by a jahovas witness when the world ends, so I simply said well I'm glad why would I want to spend eternity with you.

Your all angry because you ain't got anyone telling you how to live or what to do and you miss it why else would you be on a site like this haha.

Anyway it's been fun I got what I wanted so I don't give a S H I T about what you weirdos think. Peach out C U Next TuesdayS

• Incognito
    Incognito

Something fishy here as confirmed by her last post. That is the typical inappropriate and rude actions of many active witnesses who post on here.

Although Jehovahs-Witness is clearly shown at the top of every forum page, the extreme misspelling 'jahovas witness' which I believe is only to imply she doesn't know much about JWs. She then states she had been attending the KH & BS. Someone with even a few 'studies' with JWs would have a basic understanding of their 'beliefs'. NO birthday celebrations, Christmas and blood are usually well known to non witnesses with even the most basic knowledge of JWs and especially someone with a close family member who has been an active witness for any length of time.

Most anyone who would have questions on their mother's decision to not help out because they mentioned a 'birthday treat', would first ask an explanation from their mother directly, not a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Lol, she's so stupid she can't spell Jehovah or figure out who populates this site but she's pumping out life advice and trying to tell us what goes on here. Please study and join the cult. You belong there.
  • blondie
    blondie

You have to realize that jws worry about doing things that might be seen unknown to them by other jws that might lead to them being put on the spot by the elders.

An unofficial rule one sister had was she could buy birthday/holiday cakes that were for sale after the holiday. Or she could eat birthday cake the day after the office had a birthday party...that was hard for me to explain to my co-workers why the other sister at work took cake and I skipped it altogether (better for my figure).

I would not try to include her in a birthday party but rather have a party to celebrate something like a milestone at school which could include a gift The important thing is to be together enjoy some special food and consider what she has to deal with with other jws.

I know that I would not want jws to force their practices on me nor would I want to insist they not practice theirs (unless is a physical or mental danger).

As to planning the party or helping you re birthday, just respect her position and plan around her concerns as you hope she does the same.

Blondie (non-jw and jw offspring)

• Holzy86
    Holzy86

Blah blah blah! Yeah I am stupid so what? Who cares if I'm thick and can't spell?

FYI i did go to the JW meetings and I even went knocking on doors I even listened to why JWS do not celebrate birthdays Christmas etc i was just a kid I was allowed to stop going at 14 because my mom loves me enough not to force religion rubbish on me. I was asking for a lift and all I wanted to know if all JWS would refuse it's all I was asking. Some people are a bit more lenient. I did ask my mom and we got it sorted she's helping me

I actually thought this was a JW forum for actual JW.

I'm not the one telling people how to live there life's or what to do I think you'll find there the annoying religious type who go knocking on doors preaching about a person who does not EXIST!

Please keep on telling me how jehovah hates me and all I do because you know what I don't care I will still sleep like a baby.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Blah blah blah! Yeah I am stupid so what? Who cares if I'm thick and can't spell?

FYI i did go to the JW meetings and I even went knocking on doors I even listened to why JWS do not celebrate birthdays Christmas etc i was just a kid I was allowed to stop going at 14 because my mom loves me enough not to force religion rubbish on me. I was asking for a lift and all I wanted to know if all JWS would refuse it's all I was asking. Some people are a bit more lenient. I did ask my mom and we got it sorted she's helping me

I actually thought this was a JW forum for actual JW.

I'm not the one telling people how to live there life's or what to do I think you'll find there the annoying religious type who go knocking on doors preaching about a person who does not EXIST!

Please keep on telling me how jehovah hates me and all I do because you know what I don't care I will still sleep like a baby.

Ah, perhaps this has been something of a misunderstanding. The majority of the people on this forum are former Jehovah's Witnesses, many of whom are being shunned by their friends and family, or feel trapped into staying in the religion to avoid being shunned in such a manner.

When they say something like "Jehovah hates you." They merely mean according to the JW doctrines everyone who is not an active JW is "evil" and will thus be destroyed by God. They such things sarcastically because they think the notion ridiculous, not because they actually believe that God hates you.

I hope that helped clear up any confusion.

• blondie
    blondie

BTW I did say that some jws will eat a birthday treat after the event, but they hide it from other jws. Others will not and it is their interpretation of not celebrating birthdays.

It sounds like there is a lot of anger between you and your mom. Is there someone around your area you would feel comfortable talking to, perhaps face to face?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit