Private and Prayerful Deliberations!?

by Lost in the fog 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

It is more likely that the notes will have the elders' doodles and scribbles in the margin rather than any evidence of prayerful deliberation. Or maybe it's just a ploy to give the BoE more time to open the blue envelope and sanitise the content. We'll have to wait and see what happens, if anything.

https://www.nsnews.com/bc-news/bc-jehovahs-witnesses-challenge-record-production-order-in-court-5691559

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I never did like the idea that the congregations kept a record about you and you have no clue what they may be forwarding to then next congregation. My understanding now is those records get purged every 5 years...don't know for sure ( maybe they overlap.) I do recall people moving into a congregation I was in in WV and in no time the elders were in their business so to speak...so it isn't like you can start with a clean slate- unless maybe you are an elder that they privately corrected for messing with kids ( yeah, I know I'm bad ) I knew of one brother who moved to another congregation and years later became able to see the "files" and got to read the very uncomplimentary things that had been written about him. My now passed husband's record was totally lost on it's transit from one congregation to another so he became non existant in a way...He was unhappy and blamed me because I had given elders the congregation name .Many of us would likely be shocked if we knew what was written about us. I wonder how many would become baptized if they knew a secret record was going to be kept about them.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Many reasons Why our family walked away from the Jw's. Every where we go some bad Intel was following us from one hall to another. Since We all faded they can keep their blue envelopes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit