I believe in Evolution and that God created life

by Crabby 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H
    Vidqun: Half banana, as you might have noticed, the chain of evidence, involving the laws of information and DNA, disproves the "scientific theorum" of evolution.

Just a few questions.

If the "scientific theorum" of evolution has indeed been disproved what competing theory do you feel replaced it?

Are we now back to a position of 'we do not understand DNA'? Do you have a alternate hypothesis?

From your post I am assuming you mean the entire 'Modern Synthesis' has fallen? The theory is very wide ranging? Are you saying that you have proof that the entire theory is incorrect?

When you claim that DNA could not evolve, what is your degree of certainty? Does your hypothesis mean the chance of DNA evolving is 0% or would you concede that the chance must be > 0%.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Ah, Viv's back. Please Viv, if you have the time, go through the video, and let me know if you see logical flaws in the presentation, and what they are. There's no rush, so take your time. Thanks in anticipation.

It starts out with a flaw, the parts regarding language and information. I didn't need to go any further to realize their entire premise is wrong. No need for me to write anything more as Cofty has already done an excellent job.

Adaptation is necessary for survival. But in most cases it would pre-programmed. Some view spontaneous mutations as the cause.

What Caedes said.

As mentioned, spontaneous mutations are very seldom beneficial. They kill rather than improve.

Whatever was mentioned is wrong. They are usually, mostly harmless. The harmful ones tend to not reproduce because, you know, they're harmful. The beneficial ones tend to live on.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I do not know how we got here.

I have a number of opinions.

My first choice is that God made us.

But it is hard to argue and prove that from the bible alone.

I know we adapt if you want to call that evolution. But I do not believe in unguided evolution.

My second opinion is that we are in a computer program or simulation.

Then I have a whole lot of other opinions based on various things.

The oldest text know to man the Sumerian text have pictures hieroglyphics of space men and space ships.

I think they are probably true. But that just pushes the God issue back farther.

Hopefully, this earth is a stopping point or training ground on life's journey

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

So let me get this straight. DNA/RNA is not an information system and DNA doesn't qualify as code. It developed spontaneously, by itself, from basic elements in solid and liquid form. It created a system so intricate and complicated, we are still trying to figure out how it works. There is mention of the application of algorithms and a complicated genomic error correction system in the transcription process.

One-celled organisms transformed into multi-celled organisms. From multi-celled organisms these would magically turn into complicated life forms and divide into male and female sexes. Somewhere along the line these organisms migrated from the sea onto land. Lo and behold! when the going got tough, some of them migrated back into the sea. Mother Nature does the most extraordinary things. Yes, I know a period of 450 million years is a long time and lots of things can happen during that time. That's why evolutionism qualifies as a religion. One must have a lot of faith to believe in all of that.

Talking of Mars, I see evolutionary scientists are putting their money on it. They predict that life would be able to exist in subterranean vaults and caves. So, if they find life there, they would be able to demonstrate how life on earth started. Well, I will also make a prediction. They will not find life on Mars or anywhere else in the solar system (except earth) because life, in any form, cannot be kick started by itself, not in a million years.

Cofty: There is no recipient in DNA. It's all just electrons doing their thing.
    In DNA, information is just a metaphor.

Cofty, I believe you are wrong. "It's all just electrons doing their thing." Intelligent electrons! I have never heard of such codswallop in my whole life. And it is noted that Viv is quite happy with that. Thanks for your input Viv. And you two laugh at those putting faith in religion? Even the beliefs of JWs are tame in comparison to what you believe.

Anyway, DNA qualifies as an information system, whether you like it or not. The sender of this information system is God, and the recipients are all the life forms on earth, and I am grateful for his magnanimous generosity.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    JamesBrown: Hopefully, this earth is a stopping point or training ground on life's journey

I sort of think there is some basis for the hypothesis that this planet is the universe's insane asylum. It will sometimes cross my mind when I delve into threads like these

But, then, I have always had a morbid fascination with madness and insanity

As far as the evolution vs creationism so-called 'debate'...watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6arhd4Kq1cI

• Viviane
    Viviane
    So let me get this straight. DNA/RNA is not an information system and DNA doesn't qualify as code.

Right.

It developed spontaneously, by itself, from basic elements in solid and liquid form

Wrong.

It created a system so intricate and complicated, we are still trying to figure out how it works.

What is "it"?

One-celled organisms transformed into multi-celled organisms. From multi-celled organisms these would magically turn into complicated life forms and divide into male and female sexes.

No, magic is not involved. "Magic" is actually your position.

Yes, I know a period of 450 million years is a long time and lots of things can happen during that time. That's why evolutionism qualifies as a religion. One must have a lot of faith to believe in all of that.

Wrong. Faith and magic are your positions. evidence, rooms, building and thousands of volumes of it, is how we know this. No faith or magic involved.

Well, I will also make a prediction. They will not find life on Mars or anywhere else in the solar system (except earth) because life, in any form, cannot be kick started by itself, not in a million years.

That's actually an unprovable assertion. It is not fasifiable. It's like saying "no human can live forever". You know, science and stuff. And logic.

"It's all just electrons doing their thing." Intelligent electrons! I have never heard of such codswallop in my whole life.

Neither has anyone else. Where did you get that idea from? Atoms and particles behave according to physics. Where are you getting "intelligence" from? That's from your side, "intelligent design", and it's all faith and magic.

Anyway, DNA qualifies as an information system, whether you like it or not. The sender of this information system is God, and the recipients are all the life forms on earth, and I am grateful for his magnanimous generosity.

You just argued against magic and faith, now you claim it. Which is it you want? If you want it, then your entire previous post goes in the waste bin. If you don't want it, your last comment invalidates your entire post.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidqun: Well, I will also make a prediction. They will not find life on Mars or anywhere else in the solar system (except earth) because life, in any form, cannot be kick started by itself, not in a million years.

So.

Let's see if I have this right

You propose that some undefinable intelligence exists

That intelligence made the planet earth

On this tiny, tiny, little speck of dust in the universe, that intelligence stuck a 'man'

And there is no other life in this great big universe that the intelligence made

Huh

The universe sounds sort like the foreskin argument - just don't need it

• cofty
    cofty

Just got in from work. What an extravaganza of wilful ignorance by creationists this turned out to be.

Where to start? Is it worth starting?

Have a cup of tea, maybe later, maybe not.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

After reading Dawkins' The Greatest Show on Earth, I thought to myself, "Damn, evolution's a much more impressive 'creation story' than anything I ever read in the Bible..." :smirk:

• Crabby
    Crabby

Viv, DNA is an information system of some kind, or at least it is the hardware to carry the information. Seriously VIV as a JW you are not even allowed to read science books not approved by the WT, you are also not allowed to pursue a higher education, which is why you are so foolishly ignorant. In fact if your elders knew of your postings here you would likely be disfellowshipped as you are wasting your time on not WT sponsored activities. I do not agree with this, but it is true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit