I believe in Evolution and that God created life

by Crabby 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crabby
    Crabby

Anyone else also hold this view or understand it at least, or do you feel the need to argue that both can in no way coexist?

• bsmart
    bsmart

If he did create life, he walked away 10 minutes later.

• Crabby
    Crabby

That might be exactly what happened as with evolution included, the life improves itself, even to a changing planet. Which is why when we take life to Mars we will be able to adapt it easily......

• Saename
    Saename

I could easily believe in evolution and God in the context that you provide, but I don't—and for different reasons. I don't believe in the latter because of suffering and overall lack of interaction on God's part with his creation, so I would have to agree with bsmart here. If he did create us, "he walked away 10 minutes later."

• prologos
    prologos
    bs mart: "If he did create life, he walked away 10 minutes later.

If he did, could you at least concede that he is walking backward, still " -- is watching us from a distance"?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The same process that gives us evolution gives us cancer.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Please, give it a rest!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I believe that both coexist.

I am very interested in how life started. I was just reading an article about the possibility of life on other planets, and how they once thought conditions had to be near perfect for life...but after discovering life in very hot or cold conditions on earth, they are changing their theories on where exactly life could exist in the universe, the possibilities have broadened. But still, how does life start? There is still so, so much to learn about life and evolution. We have learned just recently that there were many different early human families, unrelated. It's not a direct line like they once thought.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Why would I believe it when there is zero evidence for it? It makes as much sense to believe a giant spider made of miniature beer steins that are larger on the inside and are inexplicably filled with raisins and dreidels spun the first cell out of web and left it to evolve.

• Crabby
    Crabby

Viviane what do you believe that there is zero evidence for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit