3.(e) By Charitable Works for the Relief of Poverty

by Lostandfound 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Looking at the Australian WT Memorandum and Articles of this line took my attention.

When did they ever undertake works to relieve poverty, some discarded bethelites facing poverty would laugh at this, more like Charitable Works for the Extension of Poverty. But no poverty facing the ultra heavies and GB members replete with obscene displays of the means of telling the time.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lol, they create poverty by condemning higher education and encouraging part time work. They don't do anything to help poverty. Are they claiming to? If so, that's a slap in the face.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Upon entering Bethel and becoming a member of the Worldwide Religious Order of JWs each JW must sign a Vow of Obedience and Poverty.

There's the "poverty" referred to in the WTBTS Australia's Memorandum and Articles of Association.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

I don't know how many times I've cringed when someone on the platform denigrates secular charities, while extolling the Organizations feeble efforts.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe this is another area the ARC should be looking at also

• zeb
    zeb

"Maybe this is another area the ARC should be looking at also".. perhaps not the ARC but the Taxation Dept.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Jehovah's Witnesses have never been known as a 'real' charitable organization. The Governing Body(tm) and the 'rank and file' witnesses are lying to themselves when they make this claim. The 'world' has always seen through this false claim:

St. Louis Post Dispatch Monday August 11, 1941 pg 16

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit