The God of This System Of Things 2 Cor.4:4 is the same God of Rom 13:1-7

by smiddy3 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Aren`t these two scriptures talking about the one and same God ?

2 Cor.4:4 Speaks about the God of this system of things blinding the minds of unbelievers .

This scripture has always been attributed as to applying to Satan the Devil

But is it ?

He is not blinding the minds of believers but unbelievers and I think that is a critical point about 2Cor.4:4

Rom.13:1-7 States that Christians should be in subjection to the Superior Authorities under the arrangement of God and whoever opposers the authority has taken a stand against God

It goes on further to state :13:4' for it ( The superior Authorities) is gods minister to you for your good ,but if you are doing what is bad be in fear for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword for it is Gods minister to you for your good but if you are doing what is bad be in fear of the authority'.

Doesn`t this scripture show that God Jehovah is the God of this system of things ? and not Satan the devil ?

And couldn`t the scripture of 2 Cor.4:4 be applied to Jehovah God because he is blinding the minds of unbelievers and not believers.?

What do you think ?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Interesting reasoning point Smiddy.

Other scriptures make the point that Satan is the god of the system of things/world of mankind, but not God Almighty & over all.

The following verses can also be used to demonstrate the absurdity of the org's claim that Christ has been ruling alongside Satan over mankind/earth since 1914. Joint kings?????

Oh I forgot, there are eventually going to be 144,001 joint kings ruling the earth, so two J.K.'s just now must make sense.

(Luke 4:6) Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.

(John 12:31) Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

(John 14:30) I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me.

(John 16:11) then concerning judgement, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

(Ephesians 2:2) in which you at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience.

(Ephesians 6:12) because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.

(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,....

(1 John 5:19) We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

(Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth....

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

So in 2 Cor 4:4, Jehovah is blinding the minds of unbelievers so that the good news about Christ doesn't reach them.

And then 2 Cor 4:6, Jehovah says Let the light shine out of darkness.

So Jehovah is letting the light shine on people and then blinding their eyes too so that the light doesn't reach them?

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

And then you have scriptures like this where a voice came down from the heavens and told the King of Babylon "..seven times will pass over you, until you know that the Most High is Ruler in the kingdom of mankind and that he grants it to whomever he wants.” - Dan 4:32

This seems to indicate that "Jehovah" was ruling the earth in the time of Daniel - so when did he "grant it" to Satan?

Apparently sometime after that but before Jesus words about the ruler of this world being judged (Jn 16:11)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Drearyweather

It could be argued that Jehovah blinds the mind of the unbelievers in 2Cor.4;4 whereas in 2Cor,4: 6 he is letting his light shine on the believers ?

However as The Fall Guy points out with those additional scriptures maybe the Bible just contradicts itself.

The Hebrew scriptures in many places highlight Gods name as Holy and sacred as defined by the Tetragrammaton JHVH or more correctly as YHWH .

In Isa.62:2 It prophesized that his people would be called by a new name

The Tetragrammaton or it`s equivalent Greek letters do not appear in the Christian Greek Scriptures (NT)

However Php.2:9 God exalted the name of Jesus that is above every other name in heaven on earth or under the earth.

Obviously even above the name Jehovah

Acts 11:26 ..".by divine providence the disciples were called Christians" not Jehovahs Witnesses.

Maybe just maybe Jehovah Jesus and Satan are all part of the same being .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit