Isolation, Homelessness, Sexual Assault, and the Narcissism of Jehovah's Witnesses

by dubstepped 0 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    A new episode of the Shunned Podcast is available now.

Episode Twenty - Tamara is shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses

I was editing this episode earlier this month, listening to the interview again, when I noticed that I had never said "what" or "wow" so many times in one episode due to the JWs' appalling behavior.

Narcissism is a trait that is both attracted to the cult of Jehovah’s Witnesses as well as a byproduct of their culture. One begins to see others as objects to be controlled, and often becomes tone deaf to the feelings of others around them.

Tamara’s story is one that highlights these qualities in those around her. You will learn of her extremely isolated JW upbringing, you’ll see once again that the elders fall short when it comes to dealing with sexual assault, and the pure lack of humanity exhibited by Witnesses when people are in need. Ultimately you’ll see a strong person that escapes all of this, and when I did this interview it had only been months since the end of all of this. So she wasn’t just strong enough to emerge from it all, she was strong enough to speak up so soon and to tell her story.

You can download and listen on your podcast app of choice (iTunes, Apple Podcast, Google Play, Podcast Republic, Podbean, etc.).

Or if you're so inclined, you can listen on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbWXAbl8u88&t=6s

If you subscribe on a podcast app or Youtube you will get all new episodes automatically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit