How many people are there at Bethel?

by bohm 6 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm
    Rumor has it 1600 people are going to be re-allocated to the field from Bethel (which I assume refers to the Brooklyn complex?). Does anyone know how many people will then remain? I have tried to find figures for the number of employed people but I am coming up with nothing.
  • sir82
    sir82

I have a dim recollection that before the prior layoffs 8-9 years ago, there were about 6000 Bethelites in the US, and after layoffs, it was around 4000.

If the 1600 really is US only, and my fuzzy memories are correct, it would be a reduction in the 40% range.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    And somehow adding 1600 people to the field service is going to make a difference? Who would eat that? Oh, I forgot, they already ate the overlapping generation thingy.
  • bohm
    bohm

sir82: Thanks. It is very interesting information about the reductions 8-9 years ago.

It does make sense in a way. How many people are *really* required for producing the litterature?

I am becoming more and more convinced it might make sense to create some sort of WT-timeline wikipedia which track key stats and events in the WT history for instance sorted as: doctrinal changes, printing statistics and reduction in staff.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I am becoming more and more convinced it might make sense to create some sort of WT-timeline wikipedia which track key stats and events in the WT history for instance sorted as: doctrinal changes, printing statistics and reduction in staff.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I would love to see this!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Image result for shock wake up pic

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The question isn't, "How many Bethelites remain", No.

The question is, "How many rooms are there at new Warwick HQ?" THAT is the question.

Does anyone know an approximation as to how many rooms there are at the slaves......errrr.....servants.....errrr.......workers quarters?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit