Britain Branch Construction - UPDATE

by The Searcher 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Perhaps it was stopped temporarily - for the weekend!

We really need UK J.W.'s with friends who are working on-site, to spill the beans - but I've still got the recording of Debbie's saddened voice telling me that it was true, that the instructions came from the G.B. but she felt sure that congregations would receive information soon!

p.s. The local press has been told that the work is continuing as normal!

• bohm
    bohm

wow. So hard to tell facts from rumors right now. As far as I understand, the building shutdown is known from an announcement supposedly made at brooklyn bethel breakfast table and reported by second-hand sources, as well as the searchers account from the Bethel service desk?

I believe construction crew right now in Britain are just 40 people in trailers moving dirt & planning (this is from the jw-tv video); it's really impossible to tell what's going on without inside sources as these 40 people can just be told to hang tight for the coming year (i imagine you want people on the site at all times to avoid stealing).

The construction is bound to be completed one day. It will be interesting to compare the finished construction/schedule with what has so far been released.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Have the Org's lurkers caused a reversal - because of the potential fall-out?

A flood of phone calls and inquiries from COs who are being asked questions by the R&F, might make them plan a different strategy (at least temporarily).

Doc

• Splash
    Splash
    Give it a week or so and I'll take a drive past to see if there's any activity.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

New article on JWSurvey with more leaked details now.

(Can't link to it here.)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Darn it - I should've replied this way:

DEBBIE: No, it has not ceased, it's carrying on as normal - can I ask where you're calling from?

ME: Scotland.

DEBBIE: Which part?

ME: All of me! Duh!!!

• username
    username
    I knew a Debbie in the Cong I was in and she was really lovely, she did go on to serve part time in the London branch office. I also fancied the pants off her lol
  • PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    I have it on good authority Chelmsford is continuing as normal. However, all KH builds and refurbs have been stopped.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Debbies new answer may well be Theocratic Warfare. Yes, they may still be going ahead with some work, but that does not mean that plans have not changed dramatically.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

ME: That doesn't matter - I know that someone asked you the same question and recorded the answer. You said it had been stopped. Thanks very much - goodbye!

LOL!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit