Britain Branch Construction - UPDATE

by The Searcher 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Definitely something going in the London Bethel.

I thought I'd ask them again (and record it again) what the situation was regarding the new Britain Branch construction work.

I got the same sister (Debbie) and here is how the conversation went:

ME: I've been told that construction of the new Branch has been stopped - is this true?

DEBBIE: No, it has not ceased, it's carrying on as normal - can I ask where you're calling from?

ME: That doesn't matter - I know that someone asked you the same question and recorded the answer. You said it had been stopped. Thanks very much - goodbye!

Her tone of voice was definitely less friendly than it was a few days ago!

Have the Org's lurkers caused a reversal - because of the potential fall-out?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for the info Searcher,

They are keeping things confidential now.

Kate xx

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Good job.

But i'm not sure how a person on the front desk phones and especially (strike me down for saying this) a "sister" would have knowledge of what is or is not going on with construction miles away from her location on a day by day basis.

So she said it had stopped 1st time around. maybe she'd heard rumours or talk and accidentally passed it on in a moment of personal honesty. It could still be just rumours and talk and not set in stone fact.

Maybe they thought they were going to be shut down and later got the confirmation that this was not the case.

Or maybe they had confirmation it was to be stopped and no leaks were to be made and so the front desk team are now behaving as expected and denying it.

Confirmation isnt always confirmation, just as denials dont always mean what they say they mean.

I think if you want confirmation you need to know someone who is high up at the site, or else rock up there and see what you find out.

• sir82
    sir82

Best guess:

Bethel records phone calls, just like when you call a credit card company, to "ensure high quality".

Sister Bethelite's supervisor heard her spilling the beans, and now they have a Bethel-wide directive to lie about the construction, if anyone calls in to ask about it.

It's surprising you got a name. Here in the US, you will never ever ever get anyone's name if you call Bethel.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

WMF - It was not the front desk - it was the Construction Department! :)

Also, I now believe a reversal has been ordered - because the cat got out of the bag.

• username
    username
    Did she have a Scottish accent by any chance?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

They are probably getting coached on how to answer in true JW fashion. Ie it hasn't ceased (its just on hold indefinitely).

Its a composite of overlapping construction happening invisibly.....spiritual....

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Carrying on as normal can mean several things. It may mean zero change. The work there is not as advanced as Warwick so it's possible that building plans are changing but ground works and preparatory works are still continuing. It may be a lie (theocratic warfare).

The truth will out soon.

• Absalom
    Absalom
    They are finishing the one building at the new site that was already started, the rest of the project has been put on hold indefinitely.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Can't someone just drive by the property??

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit