"Proves Jehovah Blessing" X Accomplishment - I don't get it?

by thedepressedsoul 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I am sure many of you have listened to the Broadcast, a talk, a year book or any publication that JW's read. They always make a statement about some accomplishment followed by a line I don't get.

First off, the 2nd a number doesn't look good, they always say, "Jehovah isn't a good of numbers or popularity. Only 8 survived the flood!" They then proceed to spit out numbers of all these "wonderful accomplishments".

The part I really don't get though is that they always end a good number with, "It proves Jehovah's backing!". It could be their 2% growth, how fast they set up JW Broadcasting, the amount of translation, hours etc... They always end with, "it proves Jehovah's backing".

You have companies that blow JW numbers out of the water. I'm talking JW's don't even have a chance of ever hitting these companies numbers. Video game sales on one game alone blow away their magazine numbers. The number of iPhone's Apple sells, how many YouTube views one video gets destroys their website numbers. Smaller businesses have more growth, website views, members and so on than JW's could ever have. Netflix has tons and tons more subscribers than there are JW's, publishers, memorial attendees combined. A lot more.

Do these worldly companies have more of Jehovah's "backing" than his one true organization? Or is Satan better at backing his organizations than Jehovah is? It doesn't make any sense to me. If that saying applies to them and their small numbers, what about other religions that blow JW's statistics away?

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, but if anyone has success that isn't them then they claim it's Satan rewarding them. Yes, Satan is making Apple and Google products sell and share prices soar.

If they do badly then it's maneuvers from Satan, if they do well it's blessings from Jehovah.

The common thread is always that they are divinely blessed but all the proof is invisible and impossible to verify ... also that you'll be kicked out if you question any of it.

• clarity
    clarity
    Good one Simon ...sums those bums right up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit