I need to vent. (Taxes)

by scumrat 1 Replies latest jw friends

• scumrat
    scumrat

I wasn't sure where to post this, but here it goes.

I had just received my tax forms back from my accountant with a note stating that he tried to call me but had a invalid number. In writing he told me that he did not put my rent down as a deduction just like last year. I was puzzeled, ( I wondered why I paid more state taxes last year ) Anyway, I call his office and spoke to his wife who is a partner in the firm. I told her that there was a mistake on my tax return and she said, " there was no mistake, we used the same information as last year ". I said that there was a mistake last year too but I had not noticed it until I pulled a copy of last year returns. She was pissed and started yelling saying that if we had to do the forms over they would charge me. I told her that I was disappointed because I went over all the information when I sat down with her husband who prepared the taxes. She puts me on hold and her husband get on the line and says that he didn't want to raise any red flags by adding my rent as a deduction. He also says that I wouldn't get that much back anyway. So I say, well if it's a wash between what I'm getting back and the extra your going to charge me, then I'll file as is. We ended the conversation and hung up.

I was steaming !!!! I pay this guy good money every year to do my taxes and find out that he's missing some of the basic deductions!! Anyway 10 minutes later I get a call from the office manager and she states that because I'm a long time customer, he will re-do them for free. I'm thinking, He screwed up he should do them for free and he should apologize for making the mistakes. But he didn't. I've been going to him for about 20 years and I get treated like this?

Out of curiosity I looked at copies of my previous years returns and found that he also missed other basic things. Looks like I'm going to have to find a new accountant.

scumrat

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Is your accountant a member of the JW Governing Body? Frequent mistakes, no offer of apology...sounds like the boys in the Borg to me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit