E-Mail, Just recived. About Bethell adjustments.

by DwainBowman 64 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

FYI, all these comments in the email,are straight off jwtalk. It pretty much hearsay and rumour as for the most part they are hearing the news second hand. The good news is that it feeds the jw rumour mill and gets people talking openly about things.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Datadog said: LOL!!!! Poor Bethel has no waiters, only a lowly buffet! Dubs layed off to pioneer! HAHHHHH!!!! They ain't living in my basement!!

DD

don't laugh remember the video where the moocher CO pressures/guilts the gullible home-owning brother to let him and his wife live in his basement. Remember who your dealing with. Would you really take the last hotdog on the buffet line before Brother Morris had his serving?

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

Future Meeting Arrangements:

And the announcement at the meeting will be:

"The GB has good news and bad news.

The good news is, we have enough money to pay for our new building program.

The bad news is, it's still out there in your pockets."

• Lieu
    Lieu

The horror of no waiters! Lol! Washing your own clothes, cleaning your own room, and it sounds like they'll be making their own breakfast too. Then some will be getting the boot to either return to mommy and daddy or go and get a menial job. No more special pioneers.

Cost cutting. Once they get around to booting missionaries, they'll probably sell the branch offices. They'll just say the GT is at hand or some such.

What's sad is that my mom has a disaster prep bag put together but it isn't for a disaster. She has it in case she is "told to run". Run to where, who knows. She's up in years and I'm not sure where she'll be bugging off to without being able to refill her medications.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Pete Zahut: “That proves it. JW's thrive on being frightened, kept in the dark, having others make all the decisions and being told what to do. It makes them feel extra virtuous and it takes all the responsibility for the future off their shoulders.”

How very true Pete. I have met many good and sincere JW’s that gave their all to the fulltime service. I met an equal amount of smug, sanctimonious, and pompous morons as well. We all remember the interviews ad nauseam at conventions, parading in front of us those in various forms of fulltime work and their special privileges in the congregation. Many from Bethel, pioneers, or CO’s would go on and on about how Jehovah was the best employer ever. How Jah would never let us down and toss us aside like so many worldly bosses etc. Working for God was touted as being a special honor and for everyone in the audience to consider a life of fulltime service. “Brothers you will have, No Regrets.” (Thunderous applause)

What a total crock of……!!! During the 1970’s, 80’s, 90’s….whenever I would try to discreetly engage others in a group regarding a recent WT study article or assembly talk adjustments that sounded absurd, we all remember peoples reaction. Be careful Bro.…… “You are talking against Christs anointed brothers.” Or my favorite…… “Why if I didn’t know better you sound almost like an apostate.”

All JW’s were so confident of the special connection their leaders had with the Almighty. Do not suggest that you were ever questioning them!! It may sound mean but I really feel zero sympathy for these JW’s and their delusions of grandeur.

Remember their famous go to scripture, “For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.”

So be it then, many fulltime servants who never remotely anticipated the year 2015 arriving are now getting jettisoned out on their butts. Maybe God wasn’t such a great employer after all.

As far as I’m concerned they are getting exactly what they deserve. Now go get a job and start paying for your own rent & provide for your own needs like the rest of the world.

Oh and by the way find comfort & solace from the following boastful comments:

WT September 15, 1971 p. 564 par. 22 Set Apart from the World

22 All who seek a place in the redeemed society of mankind thereby come into association with the happiest people on earth—Jehovah’s witnesses. These are the only people who know for a certainty where they are going.

WT March 1, 1988 p. 17 My Life in Jehovah’s Spirit-Directed Organization

Indeed, in every country, Jehovah’s people are the best and the happiest!

WT March 1, 1989 p. 3 How to Identify True Ministers of God

However, true ministers of God not only have duties and requirements but also have many privileges. In fact, as a group, they are the most privileged, the most successful, and by far the happiest group on earth today, as you will see in the next article.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

As we get closer to the end, some decisions may be made that we perhaps don’t understand, that may seem to go against all logic. Whatever the reasons, obeying and accepting those decisions will result in blessings.

A zealous brother said when he read this, "We're being primed for something."

He got that right - but he's still zealous!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Special pioneer's get an allowance. Regular pioneer do not. So they are saving even more money !
  • Magnum
    Magnum

comment by JW (from OP): Jesus is directing the org and all decisions and instructions to us may not seem practical from now on, neither will we understand the reasonings behind many of the changes that the organization makes. How exciting are these times!

If Jesus is directing the org, why did he direct it to begin all these construction projects only to stop them? Wouldn't it have been better not to start them in the first place? Why did he waste so many hundreds and hundreds of thousands of man hours on them - hours that could have been used in the field? Why did he waste so much money?

Seems like the JW Jesus is a poor director/planner.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They did so well with telling potential members that if they study with Jehovah's Witnesses, they will be "persecuted" by family and friends. It was viewed as "prophetic." Virtually nobody noticed it was obvious that if you study with a cult, concerned loved ones will try to help you get away from that cult.

So they did it again with this: "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. ALL OF US MUST BE READY TO OBEY ANY INSTRUCTIONS WE MAY RECEIVE, WHETHER THESE APPEAR SOUND FROM A STRATEGIC OR HUMAN STANDPOINT OR NOT."

I can hear members now: "WOW, they were right on the money. Here's something just like they said. They must really have God's backing because that is so prophetic."

They might as well foretell that "one day soon, you may no longer have your Kingdom Hall and we may ask you to just watch jw .org and keep sending your money in.

Not all members will stay asleep for all these changes. Some will figure out that God's blessings are not on their financial arrangement.

• hoser
    hoser
    nowwhat?40 minutes ago
    Special pioneer's get an allowance. Regular pioneer do not. So they are saving even more money !

i wonder if they will dump special pioneers next?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit