Letter from Brazilian Branch: Buildings

by TheTruthBR 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Jusy a wee quote from blazing saddles ( in reference to what has been mentioned over the past week) ......it twu...its twu...its twu
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I just thought they looked like nice young men who said what they were told to say. I wasn't overly impressed with the sincerity. Can you imagine a person trained as an interior designer happy to be reuphostering furniture day in and day out? Knowing how to do it is one part of being an ID. It isn't terribly fulfilling.
  • TheTruthBR
    TheTruthBR
    Sorry guys, I was at the meeting (seriously!).
    I have the original PDF was posted on a Brazilian forum. But once you have the I provide.
    And I confirm the reading of the letter at the meeting.
  • TheTruthBR
    TheTruthBR
    lostnotfound3 hours agoDo you have the original letter? Is this only in Brazil or will this come from the US branch? I just noticed the wording does sound very official (using "I" for example). Im just assuming thats a bad translation however...

The letter appears to have been written by the very branch of Brazil, based on the letter which was read in the Morning Worship, sent by the Governing Body.

That was very strange for the brothers in the country because the branch was being expanded: the recently finished the new kitchen. A new dining room and one or two residential blocks were being built. Last year a letter to all congregations asking for volunteers (similar to what happened in the US with Warwick) has been sent.

And now, all temporary volunteers who were exempt, so I heard.

• vinman
    vinman

Hmmm...Luke, 14:28 - "For which of you, desiring to build a tower, doesn't first sit down and count the cost, to see if he has enough to complete it?" That was always counsel for us low life r&f. Well folks I guess it is our turn. Luke, 14:29,30 : "Or perhaps, when he has laid a foundation, and is not able to finish, everyone who sees begins to MOCK him, Luke, 14:30 - saying, 'This man began to build, and wasn't able to finish.'

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I get a very different mental image when I hear or see the word "Brazilian"... :smirk:
  • truthlover
    truthlover

So what happens when the fields that are so white to harvest run dry... what happens then, does the society make more excuses and turn back to reaping more money to expense the unfinished building work in Walkill and Warwick- how many years will that take and in what condition will the unfinished buildings be -- there is building code that has to be adhered to.. maybe everything will have to be torn down by then

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit