The Greatest Intellectual Scam of All-Time: French Postmodernism

by cofty 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

haha Outlaw's imaginary buddy makes an appearance again.

Maybe he could tell you about putting a space after a comma.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well it's come to something when an "imaginary" friend can list the obvious reasons for not taking the video seriously that somehow managed to pass you by.

• cofty
    cofty

All four "objections" from Outlaw's imaginary friend are wrong but I gave up talking to imaginary friends a long time ago.

• cofty
    cofty
    2)..Saad doesn`t have the academic qualifications to comprehend what was being said.. - Outlaw's imaginary friend.

He has over 75 scientific publications covering a wide range of disciplines including in marketing, consumer behavior, psychology, economics, evolutionary theory, medicine, and bibliometrics. A sample of outlets wherein his publications have appeared include Journal of Consumer Psychology; Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes; Journal of Behavioral Decision Making; Evolution and Human Behavior; Journal of Neuroscience, Psychology, and Economics; Marketing Theory; Journal of Social Psychology; Personality and Individual Differences; Managerial and Decision Economics; Journal of Bioeconomics; Applied Economics Letters; Journal of Business Research; Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences; Psychology & Marketing; Journal of Consumer Marketing; Medical Hypotheses; Scientometrics; and Futures. His work has been presented at 145 leading academic conferences, research centers, and universities around the world.

Dr. Saad has supervised or served on the committee of numerous Master’s and Doctoral students, as well as one post-doc. He has been awarded several research grants (both internal as well as governmental). Using his own grant money, he created an in-house behavioral marketing lab. He serves/has served on numerous editorial boards including Journal of Marketing Research; Journal of Consumer Psychology; Psychology & Marketing; Journal of Business Research; Journal of Social Psychology; Evolutionary Psychology; Open Behavioral Science Journal; Journal of Neuroscience, Psychology, and Economics; Journal of Social, Evolutionary, and Cultural Psychology/Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences; The Evolutionary Review; and Frontiers of Evolutionary Psychology; and is an associate member of Behavioral and Brain Sciences. He has consulted for numerous firms, and his work has been featured in close to 500 media outlets including on television, radio, newspapers, magazines, and blogs. He has been designated Concordia's Newsmaker of the Week in each of the past five years (2011-2015).

Dr. Saad holds a PhD (Major: Marketing; Minors in Cognitive Studies and Statistics) and an MS from Cornell University, and an MBA (Specialization: Marketing; Mini-Thesis: Operations Research) and a BSc (Mathematics and Computer Science) both from McGill University (Montreal, Quebec, Canada).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

haha Outlaw's imaginary buddy makes an appearance again.....cofty

Obviously it must be extremely hard for you..

To make friends with anyone who has an Impressive Education..You already know it all..

They would become bored with you very quickly..

Simon and/or Angharad are free to call me anytime they like..

I`ll make arrangements so they can speak with him..

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

To your point about context. Let me explain what I perceive to be the context.

What I see is someone who is committed to a materialist conception of the world vocally telling JWs and former JWs that they should conceive of the world in the same way. Only ignorance can lead to religious beliefs or deviation from a thoroughly materialist conception of reality.

I tend to think it's worth pointing out there are other ways of making sense of the world. And that while we can be fairly confident of many things (the shape of the earth and evolution) we should be humble enough to admit we could always be wrong.

And I think the worm eye view is a valid question. What you got against worms? How about a serious answer.

For Christians God defines truth.

For enlightenment materialists the human mind defines truth.

For postmodernists perspective defines truth.

Pragmatists ask why do we need to define truth anyway?

I prefer the latter options.

• cofty
    cofty

Outlaw - It took just 2 posts for the insults to begin.

You usually kick off with your first post when you are talking to me.

Is this a sign of progress?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You're always searching for progress, is that the Whig in you?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw - It took just 2 posts for the insults to begin.....cofty

It`s not an insult

You obviously can`t comprehend me having friends with exceptional educations..

I can tell you from personal experience..

They end conversations very quickly,when dealing with "know it all" pseudo intellectuals..

They absolutely never become friends with people like that..

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't know about the broader context, but in this exchange between Cofty and OutLaw it seems to me the insults began with the phrase "imaginary buddy", not before or after. So it's a bit rich for Cofty to pin the blame on OutLaw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit