QCS Telecom signs up with Allied Fiber

by StarTrekAngel 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I don't recall seeing this come up after the document regarding QCS Telecom.

Leasing 288 miles of dark fiber is not cheap. In fact, it borders in the crazy.

http://www.alliedfiber.com/news/press-releases/qcstelecom-signs-20-year-lease-agreement-with-allied-fiber/

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Good catch. What the hell are they up to now?

Edit

Except.... The date of the article:-

Jacksonville, FL – July 20, 2015
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

The typical cost for inground optic fiber cables can be between $6.00 - $7.50 per linear foot. This is the rate in Florida for government enterprises and factors in there is no leasing arrangements, i.e. the cables are buried alongside existing motorways owned by the state.

The cost of a dark fiber superstructure system can blow out to $30.00 per linear foot. Add to this the cost of leasing the ground space.

288 miles of Watchtower dark fiber equals 1,520,000 linear feet of dark fiber.

It's not impossible for Watchtower's private dark fiber network installation and construction to blow out from a pre-construction estimate of $3million, using a standard non-secure optic fiber system, to a whopping $50million plus with dark fiber and leasing.

Keep in mind that Watchtower purchased QCSTelecom so they could control everything. The lease arrangement with Allied Fiber could simply mean that Watchtower blew out their budget and had to look to forming a business alliance with a seperate corporation to complete or deliver the project.

http://www.itscosts.its.dot.gov/

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Why do they need 288 miles of this stuff?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver
    Watchtower also bought a line that provides internet service for Walkhill, Warwick and Paterson. They are transmitting large amounts of data and have to keep a stable connection. I remember reading the paperwork on this acquisition, if I remember it correctly they bought space in the existing conduit. It is basically buying property, and then building something within it. It is not unheard of for organizations that have to transmit large data files to do something like that. I know that Marvel brings in a Gigabit line for each of their shooting locations. They are transmitting large data files and they need to ensure that it is secure. The US branch is not just transmitting data between the three complexes but also from Branches around the world to WH, that includes transmitting videos, production work for printing and other files. I also do know that they use Amazon Web Services for their hosting of JW.org and TV.JW.ORG because of their reliability and so that no one gets to their network.
  • Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Also just because Watchtower bought one and lease another doesn't mean anything. Telecom systems are regulated by States and FCC. Just because New York State was fine with Watchtower buying it up there doesn't mean that Florida was fine with them buying the one in Florida.

• Listener
    Listener
    Richard Oliver - They are transmitting large data files and they need to ensure that it is secure.

No they do not need it, it is just something they want and if you're a multi million dollar corporation it's relatively easy to get what you want .... whilst millions starve or have no clean drinking water.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

You also have to also remember that Patterson and Walkhill and Warwick are not in major population areas, so the alternatives to high-speed internet is not easily available. Warwick has 800 bethelites working, Patterson another 1500 and Wakhill probably around 1500. They have to provide a reliable high-speed internet for their work, as well as internet for private rooms, at a much lower speed. That is a organization of almost 4000 people. I know for my company with an office of only 300 people we spend several thousand dollars between our primary connection and redundancy connection.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

One more indication that the future of this cult is digital and getting closer to becoming a closed up network. Although this is speculation, they know deep inside that they can dream and if the can do so they can also make it happen. With wireless becoming so cheap and much more reliable, I can see how easy it would be for them to begin creating their own holy network. Off course, it would take time.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Next to the new HQ there is the IBM Warwick office qith high speed connexions. Just across the lake.

So it is not a desert location.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit