Fundamental Memorial Scripture

by The Fall Guy 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The talk outline issued the usual warning - only those mentioned in Revelation 14:1 are allowed to partake of the bread & wine.

Revelation 14:1 - Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.

For active/fading JW's - did your Bible reasoning/logic/instincts tell you that the following interpretation makes sense, or did you simply surrender your thinking abilities to others who claimed to be better informed than you?

A figurative lamb is figuratively standing on a figurative mountain, with 144,000 literal king/priests who have had two names figuratively stamped on their foreheads?

4 out of 5 sounds good to you? Imitate the Beroeans.

• waton
    waton

There is an absolute disconnect between all the talk, and suddenly there is this idea of partaking of the new covenant emblems only for the few. No logical bridging is even attempted.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo
    The memorial is so ritualistic that no one even thinks during the talk they just sit and zone out. Nobody stops and thinks about anything anymore and those that do are afraid to say anything about it due to fear.
  • lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

After the dog and pony show, the elders, with all enthusiasm, went about collecting the data. Yes, the holy data, how many spectators did we have, indeed.

And I believe the branch is on pins and needles, awaiting the holy data, to collate into the Uber holy data. It must feel like a US election, red states, blue states.

They should have a poll, “how many do you think will attend the most holy night”. Dubs could chime in and JW .org could have running commentary.

As usual, it’s all about the numbers. JW numerology.

I imagine a select bethel elder, marching gleefully down the hallway towards the gibbering baboon’s sanctum, holding a silver tray with a sealed envelope on it to present the holy numerology.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So the 144k are made up of only virgin males then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit