Does the WTS deem disassoication based on inferred conduct?

by reporter 2 Replies latest jw friends

• reporter
    reporter

If so, how does this grab ya?

I wonder, maybe you can answer this: Who gave who this idea first???

Moving on, under Section 501 of the blandly titled Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003, an American citizen can be stripped of citizenship if he or she "becomes a member of, or provides material support to, a group that the United States has designated as a 'terrorist organization,' if that group is engaged in hostilities against the United States."

Until now, in our law, an American could only lose his or her citizenship by declaring a clear intent to abandon it. But—and read this carefully from the new bill—"the intent to relinquish nationality need not be manifested in words, but can be inferred from conduct." (Emphasis added).

Who will do the "inferring"? A member of the Justice Department. Not to worry. As John Ashcroft's spokeswoman, Barbara Comstock, says of objections to this draft bill: "The [Justice] department's deliberations are always undertaken with the strongest commitment to our Constitution and civil liberties." (This is a faith-based administration.)

part of article from http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0310/hentoff.php used under the principle of fair use

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    (This is a faith-based administration.)

As was every previous administration, except (possibly) for Clinton's.

Faith-based like the Declaration of Independence, you mean? You know, how people are "endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights?"

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

I think this is really scary for the citizens of the US. FEMA has already stated that it considers anyone who critisises the Government (i.e. G.W.Bush) a possible security risk.

To see the full implications of the new Patriot Act II go to: www.infowars.com

The constitutional right of all Americans to critisise their Government is being taken away and that can only be a bad thing.

We have seen recently that kids at school who have worn anti-war t-shirts being suspended and anyone who comes out and critisises the war labelled Anti-American etc.

The Watchtower have been practising this suppression of free-speech for years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit