Convention program 2017 AM3

by George One Time 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I remember when I was a kid and one of my siblings left the org. My mother would cry during the experiences at the assemblies. The experience would be of the parents of six...two kids were Elders, 2 full time pioneers and 2 at bethel. I know the reason my Mom cried is because she thought it was something they did wrong. WT is cruel, manipulative and the scum of the Earth for making parents feel this way. I hate this cult!

I often wondered why an Elder was removed when a child left "the troof." Isn't that child an adult and can now choose freely? It reminds me of a parent loosing their drivers license because their kid got a ticket or DUI. It makes NO sense. I guess in JW land, what really make any sense, eh?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Boy...back in the day personal glorification was a total no no...everything had to be done with anonymity.....now they love to flash their pompous arses all over their private club media......tiki

I Think You`ll All Agree..

This Is The Best Assembly Ever!

Image result for Watchtower Anthony Morris.Image result for Nazis saluting

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

"I often wondered why an Elder was removed when a child left "the troof." Isn't that child an adult and can now choose freely?"

Seems like Jehovah lost 1/3 of his angels. What about the Nephilim? Did that make him a bad father?

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Toes up and Steve, thanks for your comments about Tony bragging about how his sons make him look good. It does make him seem arrogant and almost anyone reading that would agree. It's all about him.

But it had never crossed my mind that he could use that kind of talk to manipulate his sons. Those two 40ish men are probably more trapped than just about anyone. The photo of them in the W mag with their beautiful wives, their pope dad and sweet looking Irish-American mom is very appealing. I am sure they are treated well at Bethel, as royalty. And their wives probably don't have to clean toilets. But they have no education and few job prospects outside of Bethel. They are so trapped, with very little motivation to act on any doubts they might have. It's a variation of what many of us have faced and are facing.

• steve2
    steve2

"Those two 40ish men are probably more trapped than just about anyone."

Yes Dreamerdude.

Of course, the other side is if they "play Daddy's game" they are taken care of for life. However, if their conscience disturbs them about the "privilege" of prosperity under which they live (and which is available to strikingly few JWs), they would have a seriously harder time individually leaving than, say, Ray Franz who left when his haloed Uncle Fred was still alive.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"But they have no education and few job prospects outside of Bethel. "

These are the 1st ones in the org to criticize YOU for getting an education, having a great job, having children, etc. The list goes on and on. BUT these are the ones who will let you buy dinner, put them up when they need a place to stay or want that wonderful green handshake. I have watched hard working families pay for wonderful things for these "faithful servants of Jah". Cruises, nice dinners, even letting them stay in vacation homes. Did these hard working JW's remind the "faithful moochers" that what paid for these things was accomplished with dirty college money. No..me thinks not! The ubers will criticize you but yet they LOVE living the good life off of your hard working dollar. We have watched and witnessed this for years. The hypocrisy is just staggering!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree with Steve. These ones could never survive on their own and stand on their own two feet. They can't leave the protective JW bubble. Sad and pitiful!

• freddo
    freddo

@ stuck in a rut 2

"preferred death as a salt shaker"

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I looked over the program, looks like leftover SOS

• smiddy
    smiddy

Boy...back in the day personal glorification was a total no no...everything had to be done with anonymity.....now they love to flash their pompous arses all over their private club media......tiki

So true OUTLAW

,Does any of the older generation see how far the religion of Jehovahs Witnesses have deviated from their roots ?

Arent they just becoming like the TV evangelists they used to condenm ?

The mixture of Christ and Jehovah in this Convention program is confusing ! scriptures using Christ Jesus in the New Testament are valid however their are no scriptures in the new testament that use the name Jehovah , certainly not in the word for word translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures published by the WTB&TS

which does not contain the four consonants of JHVH anywhere in the said text., therefore the name Jehovah should not appear theirin .

So is this Convention program of 2017 a farce ? A convention that is designed to manipulate the gullible ?

Just saying , you decide .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit