Where two or more gathered???

by confuzcious 0 Replies latest jw friends

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

Hey Guys,

The other day, Scully had a great post about "You will positively not die." I don't know where it is, but if you read it it was good.

Anyway, likewise, here's something that sparked my thinking...

I've been told by elders, etc, that when you go into a judicial meeting or the elders have a meeting about appointents that the decision they made was "from Jehovah."

In other words, if you you didn't qualify to be an elder, it was OBVIOUSLY not the elders' petty jealousies or politics. It was that Jehovah himself saw fit that you weren't appointed. After all, where two or more are gathered together...

So I was thinking, if that was the case, when the Governing Body meets, (and they are the most holy in the whole world), how do they justify some of the mistakes that they've made in theology and doctrine??? I mean, how can you have it both ways???

If you question a brothers appointment or non-appointment as an elder, you're going against Jehovah. But in a more important case, the Governing Body meeting together to discuss doctrine, that that same "surety" doesn't apply if later on the doctrine changes???

If it was really in stone, then they shouldn't be wrong. Or at the least, not go back and forth.

Anyway, I hope I articulated this post good enough. I just wanted to know your opinion and how a Witness would defend this apparent contridiction.

Please, limit your "Because they are not the Truth" comments. I'm trying to figure out the logic to defend this from the Witness standpoint.

Thanks!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit