Remembered what I was called years ago on here

by Lostandfound 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Was looking up Ron Drage on search facility on. This site when Icameacross a topic Iremembered starting! Then I was known as CORE

Incidentallywhy did Drage ,Ellis and Dowson resign as directors of English Wt in 2014 Age maybe as I calculate that they'll would be in 80s

All company men with no compassion and arrogant with it.

After brain op much memory gone but was delighted to recall who I I was so to speak and that I did contribute about 15 years ago as CORE

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix

I knew Ron Drage personally. He was alright in my opinion. Peter Ellis was my table head. Last I heard he's got dementia. His wife was a lovely lady.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Drage was in a very embarrassing situation concerning his friendship with convicted paedophile Michael Porter ( now in good standing in my former cong Wimbledon) the scandal that would have engulfed the British branch had he stayed as a committee member would have been huge, clearly he was told to resign, not too sure about Ellis and Dowson, I'm presuming Ellis retired, would be interesting to know who is on the committee now.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    if you had told me as an active jw that one of the most respected long serving member of the British branch was a very close friend with one of the most notorious jw paedophiles in memory I would have simply dismissed it as nothing short of apostate lies, you really could not make this stuff up, I wonder what other dirty seedy secrets him and his former colleagues are aware of? I remember this PoS giving talks at DC's as a kid.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I expect Peter Ellis is still in Muswell Hill congregation where my husband was from. He was close friends with my father-in-law, who was an elder there. Strange to think of my FIL being an elder there because he's now more of a fan of Richard Dawkins than anyone at bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit