A fresh start

by FormerlySandL 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's to your credit that you took the criticism well and didn't get defensive or just give up, so good for you. I can understand why some might have been suspicious, but they went too far in my opinion. We do get some trolls and/or nutty people here, so try not to take it personally.

There is life after the Watchtower so never give up. I was 45 when I left and have been out for sixteen years now and have a great life, I am sure you will too.

• FormerlySandL
    FormerlySandL

Thank you so much the incredibly kind and supportive messages. I can't tell you how much it means to me.

Im learning so much but its with mixed emotions. Glad that I'm finally seeing things for what they are but angry that I wasted my best years and didn't go on to university or do all the things I wanted to do.

As much as I hate to say it, it has damaged me.

At the moment I don't seem to fit anywhere ....too naive for 'the world' and too disillusioned for the JW's

I feel robbed and wish I hadnt known about 'the truth'

• James Jack
    James Jack
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

3 pioneer schools? thats quite some going, I thought most pioneers only do one.

I Regular Pioneered 14 years and went twice and was invited by the CO for a 3rd time! But I turned it down and came off the list.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Welcome
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Formerly,

Your story is very detailed and specific, anyone reading it would instantly recognise you. If you're sure now you could avoid DF'ing perhaps you should be a little more discrete with details.

But as far as your story is concerned I am glad you did not opt for the unhappy marriage. I can see how that would cause divisions.

Kate xx

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

HI FSNL

Glad to see you stayed, shows your character.

Their is a wealth of advice on this board enter whatever topic your interested in, into the search bar, you could literally spend days reading.

I will say this if I would of posted anything when I was first learning the ttatt I would of said some very disturbing things. I was depressed, angry, shocked and confused. I wasn't making a lot of sense, a lot of things went into my head suicide, revenge on the men/ org. that lied to me and some other thing I wont mention. My identity was stripped from me, I felt alone, I was emotionally drained. Oh did I mention pissed.

Fast forward 3 yrs later and I'm a different person my revenge isn't as sinister, but helping those who come here with concerns and question. Paying it forward you can say.

It will take some time to get yourself on your feet but you can do it, stay positive. It does get better, they want you to believe you will simply crawl under a rock and die without there organization. Prove them wrong, live a fantastic life. There are many accounts here, where people are doing just that, we are proving them wrong everyday. That's another reason they don't want people coming to apostate sites, because we prove them wrong in every way.

Welcome to the forum
    MC

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    At what age did you became and elder?
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello again........ Wherever your Congo is, remind me not ever to go there!

They sound a bunch of control freaks that treat you abominably. My experience has been easier and although now Inactive" for a long time, I am still welcomed in their company since my wife is very active.

Keep posting

• Listener
    Listener
    Welcome to the forum. MarkofCane is right, it shows character that you chose to stay and I hope you do stay for a while.
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Trust me: there are some real assholes on this forum. The rest of us have managed to leave those awful traits back in the bOrg where they belong.

Welcome back (and you've already apologized enough).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit