A fresh start

by FormerlySandL 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

New name, same story.

Let's keep waiting for more

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Welcome formerlysnl, so glad to hear you sounding a bit more positive. The panic i could hear made me feel ill. I know what it's like to lose everything. I was left with just oxygen. I'm serious. Long story. Anyway, there's a "northern" listening ear here if you ever need it.

Can't believe they tried to push you into marriage! So wrong!

Shout out to billy the ex-bethelite! Seen a few of your comments and you have a real nice way about how you handle stuff, smart + humour.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    an hour ago
    3 pioneer schools? thats quite some going, I thought most pioneers only do one.After my tremendous achievements as a Gilead missionary in North Korea, Somalia,Iran and Afghanistan and repeated attempts to attend yet another Gilead graduation I threw the towel in at 5.

Yes, you can go every five years. Most of the pioneers that attend pioneer school are ones that have already been 2 or 3 times.

• talesin
    talesin

Pull up a chair, and set a spell. You'll have lots of support here. Don't let the system get you down. There *is* life after the Watchtower. It only gets better! xx

• wannaexit
  • 20yearfader
    20yearfader
    welcome s and l. Seems like yesterday my parents were kicking me out of the house at 17 for only getting 1 hour in field service.i was scared to death no where to go or stay luckly a relative took me in fast forward 25 years later and i'm glad it happened. Yo will be fine don't panic follow the advice that has been given to you and before you know it you will be back on your feet free of the society.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They marked you too, what a bunch of cult freaking assholes!!! Go live a wonderful life just to piss them off!
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Holy crap. Just found the old thread. Could only get through the first few pages.

We don't typically take well to people mentioning they need money because there is a lot of bad stuff that happened. We have an older poster here who has sent scammers money. We've had others drop dramatic stories on here, ask for money and disappear. We are skeptical of people because of the stuff we've been through, so hopefully you just hit a nerve and people will calm down.

So anyways, of course you need to worry about $. Your job will end once you're DFd. Your home will be no more. And you have sacrificed development of job skills and a career because of wts teachings. So now what?

Personally, I had to save for a while before I could escape. I had to hide money because of financial abuse. I hid income from my job.

Start looking for a job right now. Do the best you can and just don't work for dubs. Establish a credit history if you don't have one, so you can lease an apartment. Then get the cheapest one you can find.

You will need some sort of long term financial plan, so if you can't find a decent job right now, go to your local community college, trade school or Labor Department and ask for guidance. Then start taking whatever courses or trade classes you can take.

Social losses are serious too, so you will need to develop at least a small support network. Think. Who would support you? Neighbors? Worldly coworkers? Join meetup.com and start meeting other people. You can go to the library and do that for free.

Next, make a list of what you want in the long term. What is your personal vision of "a life worth living"? Then start taking baby steps toward being happy, being a good person, and contributing positively to the world around you.

You got this.

• FindTheLost
    FindTheLost

Welcome FormerlySandL,

I was where you are at 30 years ago. I don't know if this will help, but I loved this quote:

"It is in the quiet crucible of your personal, private sufferings, that your noblest dreams are born, and God's greatest gifts are given in compensation for what you've been through."

Sincerely,

FTL

P.S. I wished I knew who the author is to give credit.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome again FSL. Hang in there and keep working through each thorny issue of life.

I agree that trying to backtrack any statements that will start judicial actions should be first on your list of things to do. By keeping yourself from being shunned, at least for now, you will give yourself the time it takes to get a new job and maybe even find a new shared rental that will allow you to move out. Unfortunately once you have your ducks in a row and complete the fade many witnesses will shun you regardless of whether you are df'd or not. But, stay strong and each part of your life that you work on gives you the opportunity to meet new friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit